My Nokia Lumia 928's touchscreen is unresponsive

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just now, I was using my phone and all of a sudden the touchscreen wasn't responding so I locked the phone and was going to unlock it just assuming it was a little glitchy thing. Now the touchscreen won't respond. All the side buttons work but I can't unlock my phone or even shut it off since I need to slide the bar down. Even though the side buttons are responding, they are acting quite slow meaning once I press them, I then have to wait a few second for it to respond. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can/should do?

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It happens and the touchscreen becomes unstable when i charge the phone. I plug it with micro-usb

It is something that does happen from time to time

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had times when even after soft reset it just won't work, the touchscreen. I was worried that phone was maybe broken.

Soft reboot it Volume down+Power and hold it, like 10 vibrations. Not kidding, I was just sad that this phone has so many issues. I still keep it around but touch screen issues rears it's ugly head once in a while.

pastelero79

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the similar issue with mine. It was infrequent and the reset would resolve. But it did start to increase. I thought it was due to the DP software and ended up downgrading to current. It wasn't the root cause. I went to Nokia website and I had 10 days left on the warranty. I shipped it to the Fort Worth repair facility and they replaced the screen and chassis for free. I was without a phone for a few days, but no more glitchy touchscreen. Get it repaired before your stranded without it.

jackiecox

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the side buttons working but not the actual touch screen I tried the soft reset thing but it didn't work, I don't want to lose my phone cuz of this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa