App Opening and closing itself multiple times.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Two days? First thing I'd do is a hard reset. Settings | About | Reset my phone. Back up photos first, but since it's only two days old, odds are you don't have many or maybe not even any at all. If the problem persists after a hard reset, exchange the phone.

modelomaestro22

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Got the phone and SIM card exchanged and the phone still acts as if a ghost is using it. Opening closing apps, the text messaging window and IE. I don't get it but I'm ready to tell my gf to go for a S4. Pity to I love my 920 but it seems the 928 is bug ridden.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this short of switching phones?

Thx

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my phone today because I finally tired of the "ghost" taps and swipes that it would randomly get. I went to the Microsoft store, and they told me that either I could pay the $50 and let my protection plan replace the phone, or they could send it to Nokia for me, and I'd be out of a phone for a couple weeks.

Not acceptable. I told the guy that I'd already had the phone replaced two times under the OEM warranty in-store, and once under the protection plan when I broke the screen. We traded comments like that for a bit, me not standing down at all because I know what I want. Also I mentioned that I was a WP developer.

He came back after a few minutes with the manager, who explained to me "how it works." She said that the protection plan would cover this, blah blah blah. I told her how I had gotten the phone replaced already, and she said that someone made a mistake. Then I told them that I used to work in the insurance industry administering extended warranties just like this one, and that if they read the terms and conditions they would probably find that the protection plan does not cover anything that is covered by the OEM warranty, that it covers things NOT covered by OEM, and after OEM expires, it extends it. She told me that she may have to research that, because I may be right, but that she didn't come over to tell me that I was going to have to pay the $50. She said, "You're one of our developers, right?" Yes. "We'll go ahead and replace the phone for you."

So it sounds like I shouldn't have been given a new phone, but I was. I'm betting that it was a combination of my Windows Phone t-shirt and that I'm a developer, and the fact that I stood my ground because my expectations were set by my prior experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb