Help Wanted: Connecting Polaroid GL10 Mobile Bluetooth Printer

Radioage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Polaroid GL10 Grey Label Mobile Printer.

I am having trouble printing with my GL10. I can connect (pair) with my Nokia Lumia 928 Windows Smartphone but it will not hold the connection.

When the printer connects to my phone, the status in my Bluetooth settings list the printer as connected but it only stays connected for several seconds and then it disconnects.

I followed all the directions in the printer manual ? installed and charged battery, installed paper with Blue Smart sheet on bottom facing down as described. It read and then ejected blue sheet

But still cannot send to printer because it won?t stay connected.

The reason I purchased this printer is because Polaroid advertised (also states in the Printer Manual) that it is Windows Phone Compatible!

Please help me figure this out!

Thanks,

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If I connect to my PC the same thing happens. If I send a file from my PC to my phone or vice versa however, it connects, sends and then disconnects. The new way seems to be to connect only when necessary, to save power I assume. I don't think that's your problem. Look to the Polaroid app, as that is likely where your issue is I'm guessing. Try the Polaroid forums, you may get useful advice there.

Radioage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got off phone with Polaroid Tech Support and convinced them that their printer does not work with Windows Phone 8 phones! They had several reps with Windows phones there including the Nokia 928 and none of them could get it to work either!!! All I got was an apology but am stuck with a printer that isn't compatible with my phone as they advertised!
Don't trust Polaroid Products!

papahood

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This is a total shot in the dark but is your bluetooth on your phone already on when you try to connect to printer or do you turn it on when you get near the printer. The only reason I ask is because I've noticed that with a couple things I have if the bluetooth is already on (on the phone) then it will stay connected, but if I try to turn on bluetooth after i get near the device for some reason it doesn't stay connected. Not sure why yet. Also check to see if your printer has any firmware updates that might help.

paulw_75

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

The "Pogo printer" app works on the 1020 and lets you print on the GL10. However, it does not print the whole area of the photo, I guess that's because it is adapted for the Pogo printer resolution. If there is an app for Pogo printer that works then I'd hope somebody could adapt it for the GL10 so we can print full pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel