Switch back to GDR2 from Black update?

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
After downloading the Lumia Black update, I am now unable to send any MMS messages on my 928 on the T-Mobile network.

Is there any way to download the GDR2 update again to replace the Black update?

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to rollback system updates. Once they're done, they're done. What you might try to do is manually add T-Mobile's MMS vpn settings (Settings>Cellular).

NB: You might be able to rollback if you have a developer account or something, but I'm pretty sure it's not straightforward and will likely void your warranty several times over.

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I can send and receive MMS and text messages. Group messaging works fine also.

Couple of notes:
Cellular network must be set to 2G in order to send text messages

MMS settings were manually inputted in cellular settings: APN: fast.t-mobile.com MMSC (URL): http://mms.msg.end.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc MMSC port: 80 (this popped up automatically for me) Maximum MMS size: 100 (note: originally I set the size to 1, but the photos were super small when sending)

Also, in messaging settings, make sure to click on "MMS delivery confirmation". Without this checked on, sometimes MMS messages show up blank to recipients

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
This might be due to the fact that the 928 is a Verizon phone. Therefore the VZW Lumia Update would come with the VZW MMS settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99