Outlook Syncing Error

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
For the past few weeks, I've been getting syncing errors with my Outlook email account on my 928. It appears to sync intermittently, but every time I open the email app, I get this Outlook Error.

Error code: 85002012

Is anyone else getting this? Or am I going to have to try a restore?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a 928 + Outlook.com + Outlook 365 and haven't ever seen that error message.

A quick Bing search produced these links that might be of interest:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-520/246464-error-code-85002012-a.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/211951-email-sync-problems.html

Error Code 85002012 - Microsoft Community

Otherwise, you might need to clarify some of the details of the problem. Are you referring to Outlook.com or Outlook desktop program (Outlook 2013, Outlook 365, etc.)? And aside from getting the error message, can you tell that there really has been an error in the sync (missing emails, other problems, etc)? Are you syncing the desktop program to your 928 via an Outlook.com setup?

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having sync issues not to long ago.

If you are using a microsoft/outlook.com account setup on your phone try and go into the server settings for that account.

You will see something that says dub-404. Change the 404 part to 406. It should sync and then revert back to normal.

That's what i did, and i actually had to do it for a few days and then it worked.

Mine was a Microsoft account sync issue, no contacts or Calender syncing for me at the time.

If it isn't an outlook.com issue then the above doesn't apply.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's an Outlook.com account. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Update:
It looks like it's the server that it's trying to connect to is down. Fantastic.

bay403-m.hotmail.com

Is there a different server that I can plug in?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it's an Outlook.com account. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Update:
It looks like it's the server that it's trying to connect to is down. Fantastic.

bay403-m.hotmail.com

Is there a different server that I can plug in?

Actually cw1988 is correct - and use another "bayxxx-m.hotmail.com" server may help.
To make an already long story shorter, we tried Microsoft Community forums which didn't help.
Best help we got with this was through posting on Outlook.com's facebook page where the reps on there were helpful and very responsive.
Your phone is auto-configured when you setup your account by geolocation, hence the assignment of a different server in the settings depending on where you're setting the account-up from.
The server(s) your phone is interfacing with isn't syncing and needs to be restarted after some updates.
Some services like IMAP are failing. MS does not know about the issue in your particular area.
By politely working with the reps on the Outlook.com facebook page, I was able to have them restart some of the offending servers.
That night the problem was solved.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually cw1988 is correct - and use another "bayxxx-m.hotmail.com" server may help.
To make an already long story shorter, we tried Microsoft Community forums which didn't help.
Best help we got with this was through posting on Outlook.com's facebook page where the reps on there were helpful and very responsive.
Your phone is auto-configured when you setup your account by geolocation, hence the assignment of a different server in the settings depending on where you're setting the account-up from.
The server(s) your phone is interfacing with isn't syncing and needs to be restarted after some updates.
Some services like IMAP are failing. MS does not know about the issue in your particular area.
By politely working with the reps on the Outlook.com facebook page, I was able to have them restart some of the offending servers.
That night the problem was solved.
I removed the account and added it back several times, and tried changing the server, but it always reverted back to the one I was originally assigned to. I was still getting the same error, so I just gave up. I didn't receive any errors yesterday, so maybe they noticed that the server was being flaky, and restarted it.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but was this every resolved for anyone? I still have tons of problems with emails syncing between Outlook.com and WP8.1 on my 928. Deletes on the phone are mirrored correctly on Outlook.com but deletes on Outlook.com do NOT delete the same emails on the phone. Here's what I've tried to rectify this:

Manual sync on phone - no effect
Changing the Hotmail server on the phone as suggested above - no effect
Soft reset - no effect
When a new email arrives on Outlook.com, it is correctly pushed to the phone but the old deleted emails still remain on the phone so a general sync does not happen so - no effect
Changing settings from "as items arrive" to "based on my usage" to "every 15 minutes" etc. - no effect

The ONLY way I can get email to sync is by going into email and account settings on the phone, selecting the Outlook.com account, unchecking 'email' as an option that syncs with the phone, wait for WP to delete all the email, then go back in and recheck 'email' as an option to sync, wait for WP to resync all email for that account, and the emails deleted on Outlook.com are finally deleted on WP.

I've left emails on WP that I deleted weeks ago on Outlook.com and they never, ever get deleted on the phone. So I'm not talking about emails not disappearing immediately after being deleted on the web.

Anyone have any other suggestions? A search on here seem to point to thread with people having calendar and contact syncing issues but very few threads related to email syncing.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had a lot of what's been described. It's frustrating. I tried a soft reset a couple times, but that didn't do it. My Microsoft email eventually started working randomly again.... Maybe it has to do with switching from wifi to wifi here at college, but I'm not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720