Is there a stylus for the 928?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My wife wants a stylus for her 928

The only option is those thick ball-tipped finger simulators. Most phones don't have any special stylus hardware to accommodate these.
However the Samsung Galaxy Note's are phones that have such functionality. Some tablets also have it.

It's a nice feature, but not too common, and non-existent in Windows Phone land, although if you go to full-Windows tablets, the situation changes.

glantern2814

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't speak for note taking apps (although I have used Chalkboard for jotting down notes and making drawings), I can recommend a stylus by Notier.

I purchased this to use with my Dell Venue 8 Pro and it works great on my Nokia Lumia 928 too. The design of the stylus is a little different: you unscrew the stylus into two parts to reveal the writing tip within, then screw it back together on the end opposite the writing tip. You'd have to see one to understand.

The writing tip attaches to a small, clear plastic disc that makes contact with the touchscreen.

I believe I purchased mine from Amazon for $20.

Let us know what you end up doing for app and stylus!

Rob

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Well my new thought is to buy her the hp stream 7 and get a stylus. They would have a note taking app? She writes everything down for work and to have it translate her notes to text would be great and then sync it to her 928.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I want to say, I'm not at my desktop to verify this, the desktop version of OneNote recognizes handwriting and turns it into text as well as searchable text. I believe that was one of the big features touted during the Surface Pro 3 reveal. I may be wrong, my memory is a bit hazy.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I want to say, I'm not at my desktop to verify this, the desktop version of OneNote recognizes handwriting and turns it into text as well as searchable text. I believe that was one of the big features touted during the Surface Pro 3 reveal. I may be wrong, my memory is a bit hazy.

It does, and works fantastically on the SP3. You can even search your handwriting without doing a conversion to text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa