Will the Lumia 928 work on the GSM network in India?

piyush12395

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
lumia928 no contract mobile use in india??

i have no contract lumia928 can i use in india with any gsm operator??

Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia928 no contract mobile use in india??

You can use it world wide, However Verizons mms settings are hardwired into the ROM so you wont be able to use mms, If you install the Access Point app you should be able to get mobile data working but no 4G, Have fun.

piyush12395

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

what is the diff between no contract lumia and unlocked lumia???online seller give two option no contract lumia and unlocked lumia??which shoud i choose why???

Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I believe the 928 are unlocked out of the box so I am really unsure what the seller actually means? Sorry.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

what is the diff between no contract lumia and unlocked lumia???online seller give two option no contract lumia and unlocked lumia??which shoud i choose why???

When phones are sold no-contract it means the phone is sold, well, without a contract.
Generally, they often are locked - but there is no service contract.

Unlocked phones are about as free as they get, free to roam from carrier to carrier - I'd pick unlocked, although with the 928, it doesn't matter.
You can enter into a contract or not with an unlocked phone, but eh.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems on 8.1 developer preview that MMS works (Adding settings to access point app) but now regular TXT do not unless you manually drop the phone into 2G only mode.

Verizon is super skilled at sabotaging features for people trying to use a phone on another carrier.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
In settings/Phone, turn off international assist and txt should work, Even running WP8.1 DP with latest update I cannot get MMS to work :unhappy:

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried it on T-Mobile, International assist did not help, regular TXT only work on 2g/EDGE. Though MMS work fine by adding the APN via access point app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs