928 update

mierdv

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I looked in on the North America update page for Lumia. (call me a glutton for punishment) I saw that they took off the current status so there's no more Under Development. I have to wonder if that means they're going to Denim or they're just going to stop support.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I looked in on the North America update page for Lumia. (call me a glutton for punishment) I saw that they took off the current status so there's no more Under Development. I have to wonder if that means they're going to Denim or they're just going to stop support.

You're saying you think they won't update the 928, or that they are skipping one if the updates?

mierdv

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My hope is that it makes no sense to continue on Cyan when Denim is here. Just skip Cyan and move on with Denim.

Otherwise if Verizon is being the usual ******* then Microsoft might just choose not to update.

Zigmono

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I notice my 928 shows the Lumia Denim update in extras and info. Not sure if this is a false alarm since the extras and info update seems to be giving some false readings. Can anyone confirm?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just turn off DP from the DP app then, poof!, Denim. It doesn't have to download or anything. It's just there.

I hate to tell you but turning off DP and "poof it is there" is a bug. If you check the firmware version you will see that it is still the old firmware. It really will download the Denim firmware and there is nothing "poof" about the process. Whether you need to roll back, I don't know. I am choosing to roll back anyway so that the slate is clean - no bits of DP confusion. People should also keep in mind it is possible some may not be getting yet if the roll out happens to be by region rather than because a roll back required. Perhaps it will pop up later in the day. Going the simple route on my end. Since I already had used the recovery tool recently to reset my old 928, I had the recovery image on my Surface Pro 3. With no time required to download, a roll back only added 15 minutes to the process.

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please tell me quite simply, do I need to disable DP to get the update? I understand I don't have to roll back to W8, but can I still get the pending update (I've checked with and without DP activated and haven't seen it yet) with DP activated? Any help will be appreciated.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please tell me quite simply, do I need to disable DP to get the update? I understand I don't have to roll back to W8, but can I still get the pending update (I've checked with and without DP activated and haven't seen it yet) with DP activated? Any help will be appreciated.

yea same frustrating behavior here, it doesn't matter, it will download it eventually, just wait, mine just updated to denim and some unannounced dev prev build after it, saw a bunch of apps installing that I didn't put there(health fitness travel facebook etc wtf?)

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I got it to download after toggling the DP button on and off a couple of times and checking for updates each time. The camera operation does feel smoother and faster than before

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

It would seem you are asking a question but answering it yourself. What does it matter to have someone tell you that you can or cannot do something if you clearly cannot based upon your own efforts? Does anyone really think that by asking people and getting a response of yes, that will make your inability to do it on your device go away? Whether it can or cannot is irrelevant if you cannot. Neither my 928 nor my 822 would pick up Denim with DP on the phone(s). Toggling on and off did nothing, nor did uninstalling the DP entirely. This was not a big deal for me since I was inclined to roll back anyway. Some people appear to have had success but many have not. You can wait a few hours (or days) to see if it pops up or take the other route. Your choice....

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It's unnecessary to roll back from DP or disable anything. 928 with DP and Bitlocker on VZW updated to Denim and 8.1.1 for developers this morning just fine

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well the only difference I see is the new cr*ppy Verizon boot screen, and some arrows on top of cellular and wifi signals, nothing else, camera is the same, speed is the same, battery is the same, worthless update

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
well the only difference I see is the new cr*ppy Verizon boot screen, and some arrows on top of cellular and wifi signals, nothing else, camera is the same, speed is the same, battery is the same, worthless update

Did you get multiple updates? I just received a second one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3