Has anyone received the denim update on developer preview yet?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't have mine yet either. Though right now I'm using a stupid iPhone 6 as my primary and I just booted up my 928 on a secondary SIM. My wife as a 822, she is NOT a tech person and always complains to me every time she gets an update on her DP 822... She hasn't texted yet so I she might not have it either...

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Have not had the update yet either! Lumia Software recovery tool has the update but after you download it does a check or something and then says internal error

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
In my L1320 PFD build is exactly the same as Denim build stated at their site. No firmware changes. Just saying. EDIT: Running Finland CV (original ROM).

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Used the Software Recovery tool to update my 822 to Denim this afternoon - a huge 4+ GB affair.

Disabled the DP beforehand, but not sure that makes a difference using the SRT.

Got a new DP update after re-enabling it after Denim installed.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah pfd latest is the same as denim just saying too

That is simply not true. The preview for developers is not firmware nor does it touch the firmware. It is a preview version of the 8.1 OS only. This has been addressed too many times to count. In this case, it also takes about 15 seconds to demonstrate that the firmware ID is different after installing Denim. It was 3051.4000.XXXX prior to Denim and 3051.50009.1446.0000 after. This is not subject to debate - it is about as black and white factual as things ever get. If people cannot grasp this they probably should not be installing the developer's preview anyway.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Downloading 4.39 gigs of Denim with SRT. Ran the backup in my phone first so I should just be able to restore from that. 1hr to go. #TiredOfWaitingOnVerizon

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Nervous about roll back to get denim ��

It is actually painless - just takes awhile if you have a slow connection. Run the backup in the developer's preview and after Denim (and the official version of 8.1) install have it restore that backup. I would have rather not had to take the extra time but at least I know the install of both is clean without concern for any upgrade corruption. I have had that sort of thing happen before which is quite frustrating.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded an update. Phone is running the gears right now, will see if Denim is there after this.

Just as a note, I tried unchecking and checking the Preview for Developers program a few times to see if that did anything, with no luck. Currently it's check-marked (on) and I guess the update just became available.

EDIT: Confirmed, it was the Denim update. Total download and installation from DP only took about 20 minutes for me. Would advise others not to jump the gun and go the software recovery tool route, lots more time and work in that.

Last edited:

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It shows RAM on black too. Did you get an update on your phone and have to restart at least once? If not then you don't have it.

Yes, it rebooted. After unlocking my phone I saw a toast notification showing Denim installed. This, however, was not the case with my wife's phone.

My wife has a Lumia 928 and I could not update her phone (also has PfD). I had to use Lumia Software Recovery Tool on her phone. Luckily, her settings and preferences were synced in the cloud, so restoring her phone took less than an hour.

The only reason I can think of is I did a hard reset on my phone about two weeks ago. Perhaps something with the install was different. So, it updated for me somehow, but not for her phone.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly how this is going to work. I've been checking all day. I'll go to bed and at 3AM when it is scheduled it will download it and install it for me without any effort. I need to step away from the phone.

Edit: Five minutes later is started downloading. I am most happy about this for my wife, not me. Her phone has been a little buggy on PfD and I'm hoping the firmware can shore up some of that so I don't have to hear the complaints anymore.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I disabled my PfD for a couple hours hoping for an update but no go. Then I decided to enable it again and go to settings to check for updates. Poof, I'm downloading the update!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb