Xenon flash stopped working

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a few weeks ago my xenon flash stopped working. I'm running 8.1 denim. I don't use the camera all that much so I'm not quite sure exactly whn it stopped. Tried resetting the phone and checked all the phone settings and nothing works.

any ideas?

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a few weeks ago my xenon flash stopped working. I'm running 8.1 denim. I don't use the camera all that much so I'm not quite sure exactly whn it stopped. Tried resetting the phone and checked all the phone settings and nothing works.

any ideas?

Thanks

Can you have a look at the exif data of a photo you took while forcing the xenon flash to "fire"? Just "right-click" on any photo, head over to "Properties" and the "Details" Tab, and then look for "Flash Mode". If you forced the flash to "fire" (even if it didn't), it should say something like "On, Compulsory". If this is the case (it says "On" yet your flash did not really "fire"), then your phone camera assembly already needs some parts to be replaced/repaired.

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
awesome. thanks for the help. I'll let you know what I find. The flash module is under $10 on ebay so hopefully it's easy enough to change.

EDIT: Looks like it's firing the flash. Guess it's time for a new module.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome and thanks for keeping us posted.

I'll have it diagnosed first just to make sure; you don't have the leave your phone in the service center anyway, just have it checked when you happen to pass by one.

Under $10? Sounds a bit fishy... is this just the flash module or the entire camera module? I'm not sure how it looks like inside... but let us know what happens anyway.:cool:

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
ok, So it took a while to update this this because I had to buy a screwdriver kit before I could take the phone apart. Online it says the screws are T5 but mine were actually T4. Got it apart and cleaned the contacts for the flash and reinstalled it. nothing looked broken and no water intrusion or anything. put it back together and still not working.

So I ordered a flash module on eBay, it's used but only cost $8 shipped. Took the phone apart again and popped it in and SUCCESS!! Flash is working again.

This is what the flash module looks like:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
ok, So it took a while to update this this because I had to buy a screwdriver kit before I could take the phone apart. Online it says the screws are T5 but mine were actually T4. Got it apart and cleaned the contacts for the flash and reinstalled it. nothing looked broken and no water intrusion or anything. put it back together and still not working.

So I ordered a flash module on eBay, it's used but only cost $8 shipped. Took the phone apart again and popped it in and SUCCESS!! Flash is working again.

This is what the flash module looks like:

[url]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/qwank127/temporary_zpsa431aa91.jpg[/URL]

Congratulations, then, my friend.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss