WP10 TP anyone?

Brian Garland

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Finished installing but performance was a bit slow and camera was glitched so I did a soft reset. Won't complete a startup now. May be bricked.

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It took 2 hours to install and will seem like phone is bricked, but it's not. Be patient and hold the power button for 10 sec and be prepared to try multiple times. The install itself isn't smooth.

​It is sluggish and buggy. I'm not sure it's worth the install with this version. Currently, mobile connection is dead for some reason. Settings will sometimes not load or crash. Many apps don't load.

Might revert back to 8.1 tomorrow.

blueboy31

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine ended the install process on a black screen as well. Waited ~15 or so minutes, phone cooled down and still would not respond. I had to do a reset (hold power button and volume down for ~15 seconds or so) and it booted in to win 10. Seems a little pokey thus far, hoping it'll speed up a bit with use. Did install though. Be patient.

frozen11

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine become laggy for about 1 and a half hour due apps reinstalling etc.. Now its working fine and faster than 8.1 ..buggy yet bearable

pastelero79

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just installed and the phone app crashes and it says there is no phone connection. Once you put the phone to sleep(press the power to close), it will not respond. I have to do a soft reset to get it back. Its very sluggish, but I was thinking its because it was downloading all the apps. I am now resetting it back to 8.1

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Finished installing but performance was a bit slow and camera was glitched so I did a soft reset. Won't complete a startup now. May be bricked.

Brian did you have internet sharing turned on? I read a warning somewhere in their change log that if you turn the phone off or reset it while internet sharing is turned on, it is effectively bricked and you will need to use the recovery software.

blueboy31

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Once you put the phone to sleep(press the power to close), it will not respond. I have to do a soft reset to get it back.
I'm having the same problem. Super annoying, can't let the phone go to sleep. It just gets stuck on the glance screen, which I haven't figured out how to turn off in 10. If anyone has a fix for this, I'd be grateful to hear about it...

hydrosmith

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is preparing to install now.....35% . It is not connected to a cell network at the moment so we'll see how this goes. It is my old phone after upgrading to a 1520.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Super annoying, can't let the phone go to sleep. It just gets stuck on the glance screen, which I haven't figured out how to turn off in 10. If anyone has a fix for this, I'd be grateful to hear about it...

Try doing a hard reset yet? I don't have this problem on my 920

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
There are definitely bugs in places, but overall it is pretty great so far. The task switcher seems particularly buggy to me (screen's frozen a couple of times, but just needed to turn the screen off and on to fix).

What I wasn't expecting was how many changes they made to core apps. Lots of UX changes for better or worse depending on your perspective, but I welcome the smaller text and items and overall clean layout. Added functionality in apps like mail, phone, and messenger are also welcome and core to your daily usage. Spartan is cool too, it renders better than IE and seems to be quicker/smoother.

One observation though: I really pay much mind when people were making a big deal about moving menus and stuff to the top of the screen rather than the bottom, but I can now say that it does detract from the user experience a little. I can't comfortably reach important menu items at the top when using this phone with one hand with my normal grip.

Overall though I am pleased and didn't care much about installing it on this phone anyway as I'm almost due for an upgrade and can switch if I brick this.

blueboy31

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Ended up doing a full reset, erased everything. Phone locks/unlocks properly now! Won't be doing any more TP testing tonight...time for bed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb