No drivers for Nokia Lumia 928 on Windows 7?

Garett Krier

May 28, 2015
Visit site
No drivers for Nokia Lumia 928 on Windows 7

I tried to use the project my screen app, which did not work. I went online to figure out the problem, learning that i should uninstall and reinstall the driver. However, there is no Nokia Lumia 928 Driver visible on my laptop, even though i manage my phone on my laptop just fine (aside from the project my screen app). Any ideas as to either show my driver or fix the app?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: No drivers for Nokia Lumia 928 on Windows 7

Do you have the latest update of project my screen on your PC. There was an update may 1.
So I would suggest to update it or uninstall it and install it again.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

If you go to Control Panel and then Device Manager do you see yellow question marks with your phones name? If so, right click on them and click update. If no drivers are found you'll have to download the drivers manually.

If you don't see yellow question marks you can likely find your phone under Portable Devices in the Device Manager and has drivers installed. Again, you can right click on them and click on update. Or as suggested click on uninstall and then reconnect your phone to automatically redownload the drivers.

Garett Krier

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Neither of these things worked, and the phones name is not on the device manager list. Where can I manually download the driver?

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

To manually download and install the Windows Phone driver:
a. Go to Microsoft Update Catalog
b. Search for "windows phone winusb." You should find "Windows Phone - Other hardware - WinUsb Device."
c. Tap or click Add in the right-most column.
d. Tap or click View basket (just below the search box).
e. On the Updates in your basket screen, tap or click the Download button. Tap or click the Browse button and select a convenient location to save the file, such as your Desktop or the Downloads folder. Tap or click Continue, and then tap or click Close when the file has downloaded.
f. Browse to the file you downloaded (which may be contained in a folder called "Windows Phone - Other hardware - WinUsb Device") and then double-tap or double-click it.
g. Double-tap or double-click the file winusbcompat.cat. Select a location (such as the Desktop) to extract the file.
h. Repeat the steps under Update your Windows Phone 8 driver above, but when you reach step K, browse to the file you just saved instead of the C:\Windows\Inf\ folder.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2749484 Step 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital