929/Icon cases and belt clip/pouch reviews and recommendations

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to start a new thread on this. Seeing as how the 929/Icon may be available by the end of this month, I wanted to let the WPCentral community know what I have already purchased, in eager anticipation of this phone! I've done the research, and wanted to share.

1. Nokia Lumia 929 Cover Case (T-Stand Hybrid Black / Dark Blue): Amazon.com: For Nokia Lumia 929 Cover Case (T-Stand Hybrid Black / Dark Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories
Got it for $4 shipped. Looks like a good case, but one thing that annoys me is that they cut a hole out of the top for the SIM card, and the plastic on top can act like a pronged fork when you put it in your pocket or in a pouch. If they had left the SIM card covered, this would have been perfect. I'll have to do a field test in the future once I get the actual phone.
The kickstand case is 3" wide x 5 & 5/8" long x about 5/8" deep.

2. Incipio Nokia Lumia Icon Dual Pro Case - Black / Black: Amazon.com: Incipio Nokia Lumia 929 Dual PRO Case - Black / Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
I decided to get this case over the feather case, because the feather case seemed a little too hard and slippery for me, and I'm a klutz as it is! I love the look and feel of the Dual Pro case!
The Incipio Dual Pro case is 3" wide x 5" & 5/8" long x 1/2" deep, a little slimmer than the kickstand case.

3. Let me start by saying that I love wearing my phone on my belt. Sorry, I'm a geek, that's the way it is. I searched high and low for a good leather pouch with rotating (not stationary) belt clip (preferably ratchet, and preferably horizontal) that would fit this phone. I wanted a belt clip that would fit the phone WITH a case on it! I was taking the kickstand case all over the place with me, trying to see if it would fit in a leather pouch, and I had no luck. The only thing that came close was the [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Leather-Horizontal-Rotating-Holster-/dp/B006SK2A7W/?t=wpcentral00-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2294866]AGF leather case[/URL] that the AT&T stores sell, but it was still too small for it. (I have the medium AGF case for my 822 and love it!)
I found this case at Best Buy, the Mophie Hip Holster, model 7500:
Amazon.com: mophie Leather 7500 Folio Hip Holster Case for iPhone 5 with Juice Pack (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
mophie Hip Holster 7500 BeltClip Case for Apple iPhone 5 40515BCW - Best Buy
The kickstand case fits in the Mophie pouch a little snugly but not too much. The Incipio Dual Pro case fits JUST right!
This case rocks! It's solid, high-quality leather, magnet closure, plastic ratchet clip, and will certainly fit the 929/Icon without any problems. And it's very professional-looking! The ratchet goes 360 degrees too.

I've posted below pictures I've taken of the belt clip and cases.
Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IncipioFront1.jpg
    IncipioFront1.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 9
  • IncipioFront2.jpg
    IncipioFront2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 9
  • KickstandBack.jpg
    KickstandBack.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 9
  • KickstandFront.jpg