Nokia Lumia 930: User Reviews

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you get your lucky paws on one of these?
Share your opinion here!

Want an opinion? Feel free to ask it here too!

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Elkj?p in Norway shipping Lumia 930's early to customers | Windows Phone Central That is me! :grin: The phone has an amazing quality! The performence is flawless and the camera takes BEAUTIFUL photos. Here you can se a 100% crop on a photo taken with DNG format :) Lumia 930 - Blomst.jpg

But i just returned it in the mail beacuse of a defect on the screen. Many Icon users have reported a purple hue on their display, i got that on my 930 :cry: Icon users say that the display was perfect on their new device, so fingers crossed! :smile:

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
just unboxed my 930, Switzerland, Orange. no earbuds, oh! still taking advantage of the restore-of-everything from my 920 backup.

Last edited:

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I received my 930 a couple of days ago upgrading from L920.
My experiences and thoughts so far:
It will not fit my CR-200 Wireless car holder because Nokia placed the camera button closer to the middle of the phone. Considering the price of the Cr200, that was quite disappointing.
It is noticeably slower than my 920 when i push power button to activate screen (or double tap). I really hope that’s taken care of in future updates somehow.
The 930 starts most apps faster than the 920, also web pages loads faster, but the difference is not really that big here.
Microsoft camera starts faster on the 920, and Nokia Camera starts faster on the 930
I have not yet succeeded pairing my Nokia treasure tag with the 930 for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. Anyone else experiencing problems?
It doesn't feel as comfortable in the hand as the 920 because of the sharper edges, but I suspect it is mostly because I'm used to the 920.
The screen is just amazing. WP Works very nicely in full HD.I felt the colours were a bit over the top in the beginning, but that can be adjusted in the settings.
The overall weight and quality feel is perfectly balanced on this phone in my opinion.
The built in movement data recording with the bing health app is also cool. To see how many steps I walk daily in a tile is brilliant.
I don’t see this as a game changing phone. Most important might be the full HD screen and camera, but other than that, WP8.1 works just as good on the 920. The cpu and specs might be more important for potential new customers that compare 1:1 with Android devices.
Even if I sound a bit negative, I’m extremely happy with the phone and WP 8.1 in general. The 920 was already a great phone that I like a lot, so I’m very picky about the details on the 930 of course.

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It will not fit my CR-200 Wireless car holder because Nokia placed the camera button closer to the middle of the phone. Considering the price of the Cr200, that was quite disappointing.
It is noticeably slower than my 920 when i push power button to activate screen (or double tap). I really hope that?s taken care of in future updates somehow.
The 930 starts most apps faster than the 920, also web pages loads faster, but the difference is not really that big here.
Microsoft camera starts faster on the 920, and Nokia Camera starts faster on the 930
I have not yet succeeded pairing my Nokia treasure tag with the 930 for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. Anyone else experiencing problems?
It doesn't feel as comfortable in the hand as the 920 because of the sharper edges, but I suspect it is mostly because I'm used to the 920.
The screen is just amazing. WP Works very nicely in full HD.I felt the colours were a bit over the top in the beginning, but that can be adjusted in the settings.
The overall weight and quality feel is perfectly balanced on this phone in my opinion.
The built in movement data recording with the bing health app is also cool. To see how many steps I walk daily in a tile is brilliant.
I don?t see this as a game changing phone. Most important might be the full HD screen and camera, but other than that, WP8.1 works just as good on the 920. The cpu and specs might be more important for potential new customers that compare 1:1 with Android devices.
Even if I sound a bit negative, I?m extremely happy with the phone and WP 8.1 in general. The 920 was already a great phone that I like a lot, so I?m very picky about the details on the 930 of course.

Neatly reviewed!
What about the chronic problem of dust entering the slots in between screen and body panel leading to dust accumulation and blockage of front camera in 920? Is it solved in design in 930? It is an irritant in 920.

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Neatly reviewed!
What about the chronic problem of dust entering the slots in between screen and body panel leading to dust accumulation and blockage of front camera in 920? Is it solved in design in 930? It is an irritant in 920.

The camera is farther from the edge and the design is different on this phone. There is no gap between the screen and the body panel. The gorilla glass sits very tightly on top of the aluminium so I think this problem is history with this phone.

Attachments

• Lumia 930 front camera.jpg
    Lumia 930 front camera.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,010

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
How's life without Glance?

I turned of Glance on the 920 a few weeks before buying the 930 just to see if I would care , and I haven't given it any more thought before I saw your question actually. I dont quite remember why I needed it in the first Place to be honest.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It is noticeably slower than my 920 when i push power button to activate screen (or double tap). I really hope that’s taken care of in future updates somehow.
I don’t see this as a game changing phone. Most important might be the full HD screen and camera, but other than that, WP8.1 works just as good on the 920. The cpu and specs might be more important for potential new customers that compare 1:1 with Android devices.
Even if I sound a bit negative, I’m extremely happy with the phone and WP 8.1 in general. The 920 was already a great phone that I like a lot, so I’m very picky about the details on the 930 of course.
Regarding the CR200, i think that exact issue was why they introduced the CR201, but your disappointment is perfectly valid. I am going to upgrade from a Lumia 800 and i think I'll have to replace my CR122. And yes, the CR200/201 is way more expensive than it should be. It costs €55-65...

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the CR200, i think that exact issue was why they introduced the CR201, but your disappointment is perfectly valid. I am going to upgrade from a Lumia 800 and i think I'll have to replace my CR122. And yes, the CR200/201 is way more expensive than it should be. It costs €55-65...

Ah, I was not aware of the 201. I think I'll let my 920 stay in the car for GPS purposes a while longer. the cheapest 201 I find in Norway cost 65,5 and I bought a new 200 a few monts back as my first broke.

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed another minor detail on the 930. I used to watch Netflix and youtube on the 920 With the phone on the table or sofa etc, but on the 930 the speaker is placed on the backside of the phone instead of under creating a somewhat muted sound.

And.. Here City lens apparently doesn't work anymore. Probably needs an update for Cyan as it worked fine on 8.1 Developer release

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Just did a benchmark with WP bench. The hardware is definitely juicy, but the difference in actual use is not that big compared to Lumia 920

Attachments

• Lumia 930 speed.jpg
    Lumia 930 speed.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 105

nalle76

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I was not aware of the 201. I think I'll let my 920 stay in the car for GPS purposes a while longer. the cheapest 201 I find in Norway cost 65,5 and I bought a new 200 a few monts back as my first broke.

Try slicing a bit of the right side pad with a sharp knife on the cr200. Would?nt that solve the problem? I will try it at least on my cr200 as soon as I get the L930.

Sledgehamma

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think about the edges of the device. I currently have a Lumia 920 and it feels so natural to hold because of the rounded edges. A few days ago I tested the 930 in a store and compared to the 920 the edges are really sharp, the 920 is way more comfortable to use. This is really a no go for me. I read many review (also customer reviews) and it seems that nobody mentions the edges. Or maybe its just me^^

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
I though I could not live without it... but as a matter of fact, I totally forgot glance after the first night. the 930 got an **awesome** display to the point you'll forgive anything else... :)

Skuggemannen

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think about the edges of the device. I currently have a Lumia 920 and it feels so natural to hold because of the rounded edges. A few days ago I tested the 930 in a store and compared to the 920 the edges are really sharp, the 920 is way more comfortable to use. This is really a no go for me. I read many review (also customer reviews) and it seems that nobody mentions the edges. Or maybe its just me^^

I was a bit worried about the edges, and I noticed right away that it didn't feel as comfortable as my 920 in the hand. The 920 is so comfortable I carried it around like a kid with a teddy bear. After 4 days of use, I find myself picking up the 930 all the time in amazement of the incredibly good looking screen, and the edges are already forgotten. My Lumia 920 looks like some kind of toy to me now in comparison. That being said the 920 is definitely the most comfortable and reliable phone I have ever owned so the 930 have high standards to live up to.

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
I was a bit worried about the edges, and I noticed right away that it didn't feel as comfortable as my 920 in the hand. The 920 is so comfortable I carried it around like a kid with a teddy bear. After 4 days of use, I find myself picking up the 930 all the time in amazement of the incredibly good looking screen, and the edges are already forgotten.
^^ 930 this

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I was a bit worried about the edges, and I noticed right away that it didn't feel as comfortable as my 920 in the hand. The 920 is so comfortable I carried it around like a kid with a teddy bear. After 4 days of use, I find myself picking up the 930 all the time in amazement of the incredibly good looking screen, and the edges are already forgotten. My Lumia 920 looks like some kind of toy to me now in comparison. That being said the 920 is definitely the most comfortable and reliable phone I have ever owned so the 930 have high standards to live up to.

I guess the only thing you can do is live with it. I don't find a problem on my end with it - Or sand them down :amaze:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism