Any 930 users in the U.S.?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If so, what network? How are you getting along without/adjusting to no LTE? What's the performance been like in general? What phone were you coming from and are you happy with the change? Of course, I'm talking about the L930 and not the Icon persay.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I too have the same questions. I am torn between getting the 1520.3 and the 930.

I have a yellow 1520.3 on T-Mobile and love it. Only complaint is infamous the swipe/scroll/tap bug. As interested as I am in the 930 (solely for aesthetic reasons, really), I just haven't convinced myself yet that it's worth doing away Glance and LTE. So far my LTE vs HSPA tests though haven't yielded much of a difference in speeds where I live.

I'm quite surprised that nobody here has taken the plunge yet.

Last edited:

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm on day 2 running my Lumia 930 on AT&T. I'm replacing a 925. I love the hardware and camera so far. Also really missed wireless charging from my old 920. The H+ speeds are quite good, no issues streaming Spotify or navigation so far. I'm sure I'll miss LTE for watching videos but so far so good.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on day 2 running my Lumia 930 on AT&T. I'm replacing a 925. I love the hardware and camera so far. Also really missed wireless charging from my old 920. The H+ speeds are quite good, no issues streaming Spotify or navigation so far. I'm sure I'll miss LTE for watching videos but so far so good.

Good to hear! I stream quite a bit of video (mostly sports) at various times throughout the year so i definitely fear losing LTE. In most cases though even H+ is sufficient for video. Please let us know how video streaming works for you. Are you missing glance much?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using a 930 on T-Mobile USA?

I'd like to know this as well. If I get the 930 to replace my 1520, it would be on T-Mobile. Currently enjoying LTE speeds on my international unlocked 1520.3, and I know I'll have to deal with just H and H+ on T-Mobile.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if you experience any problems if at all with the 930 on AT&T. As i'm getting one very soon. If you can play youtube videos in HD with H+ it won't be an issue for me.

ManMunoz11

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
May be a dumb question but the 930 works on both T-Mobile and AT&T's HSPA+ networks?

I have a yellow 1520.3 on T-Mobile and love it. Only complaint is infamous the swipe/scroll/tap bug. As interested as I am in the 930 (solely for aesthetic reasons, really), I just haven't convinced myself yet that it's worth doing away Glance and LTE. So far my LTE vs HSPA tests though haven't yielded much of a difference in speeds where I live.

I'm quite surprised that nobody here has taken the plunge yet.

What exactly is the bug? I've heard of people talking about it but I'm not 100% sure of what the issue is.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
May be a dumb question but the 930 works on both T-Mobile and AT&T's HSPA+ networks?

What exactly is the bug? I've heard of people talking about it but I'm not 100% sure of what the issue is.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Yup, it should work on both. The bug I'm referring to is one in which the occasional scroll or swipe is interpreted as a tap. It's frustrating and forces you to open things by accident and press back to get back to the screen you were on.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I am not having issues streaming videos through AT&T H+ but they do take a few seconds longer to load than on LTE. Not a big deal for me since I only stream the occasional YouTube video and don't watch too many videos on my phone.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am very interested in the topic as well.

How does the coverage compare between H/H+ and LTE on AT&T? I am not too worried about speed as long as it is data and phone reception.

Thanks

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I am very interested in the topic as well.

How does the coverage compare between H/H+ and LTE on AT&T? I am not too worried about speed as long as it is data and phone reception.

Thanks
I've yet to find a place where I don't have coverage yet so I think anywhere you have LTE you'll be fine, especially since all calls on AT&T go through the H/H+ as they don't yet support voice over LTE.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
@timd28: That makes sense. Thanks for your help. Do you have any problems with the phone trying to connect to LTE or searching for it? I am not very familiar with how the cellphone/tower connection technology works, obviously. I could imagine that it might need some extra battery to do that. On the other, I could see it using less, if it knows there is not compatible LTE.

Thanks again

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't T-Mobile's LTE frequencies include 1700/2100? The Lumia 930 is showing 2100 as one of the LTE frequencies it supports. Would this mean it would work with LTE on T-Mobile, or is the 1700 band required in concert with 2100?

*EDIT*: Turns out the phone must have both 1700 and 2100 for LTE on T-Mobile to work. The 930 only carries 2100 support. Oh well.

Last edited:

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
@timd28: That makes sense. Thanks for your help. Do you have any problems with the phone trying to connect to LTE or searching for it? I am not very familiar with how the cellphone/tower connection technology works, obviously. I could imagine that it might need some extra battery to do that. On the other, I could see it using less, if it knows there is not compatible LTE.

Thanks again

There's a setting for "highest connection speed" under sim settings. Maybe if you set that to 3G it would stop the phone from looking for LTE connection? Just a guess.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting for "highest connection speed" under sim settings. Maybe if you set that to 3G it would stop the phone from looking for LTE connection? Just a guess.
That is good to know. My 920 on AT&T does not have that setting. I will report back wwhen I receive the 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)