Best way to wireless charge

Byron Hinson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my Lumia 930 but find the included wireless charger a little fiddly. Despite following the instructions it seems to take AGES to charge, is this normal? Seems much quick to use a wall charger. Also what is the best direction or position to place the phone on the wireless charger?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well sticking it right and center on the pad should be all you need to do.

By nature, wireless charging is slower than wired charging to at least some degree. I don't know if your perception of AGES is the same as mine, but its just fine for me (I use a normal Nokia pad with my 920)

Speed - wired
convenience - wireless

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Well sticking it right and center on the pad should be all you need to do.

By nature, wireless charging is slower than wired charging to at least some degree. I don't know if your perception of AGES is the same as mine, but its just fine for me (I use a normal Nokia pad with my 920)

Speed - wired
convenience - wireless

I agree with this. Wireless charging cannot deliver the same amount of current that cables can (for now), so it will be slower to charge. It may be convenient to use it since you can place it on the charger and pick it up anytime, but don't expect it to charge as fast as you can on a conventional wired charger.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
On this subject, has anyone tried the rechargeable wireless charger that comes in the 930 Microsoft bundle?
I checked the specs and it's storage is 2400mah, same as the phone. However when fully charged and unplugged I will barely get my phone up to 60% from 3% before the charger runs out of charge.
Is this indicative of the wireless charging system?

magnus4ever

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
2400mAh only suffice if wireless charging would be perfect without any energy loss. Unfortunately, you lose energy due to heating and coupling issues when charging wirelessly

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The fatboy charger (as well as the one in the wireless bundle, they're the same) have a max output of 0,75A, the USB charger 1,5A. The energy loss should be slightly higher on the wireless ones, so at least for the first 80% of the charge, the wireless one isn't even half as fast. For the last 10-20%, the voltage is constant and the current isn't the "culprit" anymore, so no more differences. If you're interested in that, LiPo batteries use the CC/CV technique (Constant Current, Constant Voltage) for charging. Still it's convenient ;D

Mr Philo

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I always wireless charge mine but it is way too hot, I have to turn airplane mode for it to be warm while charging. Might see how usb goes

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have never charged my 930 with a wire. It's just so convenient to put it on the charging plate (DT900) and pick it up when I wake up. When I've checked my phone for whatever reason after having it on the charger, I havnt noticed it be any special level hot, I'd expect it to get warm even on a cable.

But as said, I charge overnight, so as long as it won't take me 8 hours to charge it, it's good enough for me :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb