Lumia Denim on 930 aka the King of Lumia Phones - Your first experience with it..

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I flashed Denmark ROM on my GB CV Black 930 and now am rocking Denim.

Here is what I've felt and seen in last 1 hour since Denim:

1) It seems faster (had to say that!)
2) It seems smoother
3) Haven't seen a single loading screen (jumped between Messenger, Skype, Calendar, Settings and Cortana)
4) Camera images are sharper and feels like they capture more details.
5) LOVE the long press of camera buttons when inside camera! It does these smart images that is essentially a video but you can view it frame by frame and choose a photo of your liking. Excellent stuff for peeps with babies, sport fans and those who take photos of objects that are still for microseconds.
6) Hey Cortana! - refuses to calibrate no matter what. Everything with Cortana works but you have to calibrate Cortana so that only your voice will wake her up and no one else can do that. But my Cortana doesn't even know I am trying to say "Hey Cortana!" - anyone got lucky?
7) Screen colours are nice to look at now. No needs to toggle any display settings like in Cyan.

What did you feel about Denim, if you have it now? Let's do our first impressions and beat Rubino on the front page, shall we? ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the issues with overall whites. They were never white. The only workaround was using brightness slider in display profiles. However, I don't know if it is Denmark ROM issue or Denim issue - but I've lost my sliders in display settings. I don't have sliders for anything. Its like pre-Cyan! I would like if someone else with Denim can confirm if they get sliders or not.

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1520 with Denim here. I am having issues when changing the phone orientation (from vertical to horizontal). Not always, only sometimes, takes a huge time to change orientation. Anyone else?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Checked it in my messaging and email apps - don't see any difference from what we had before. Is it any specific app that you tried?

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently flashed my 930 with malaysian cv rom to get lte icon instead of 4G. lol
Now I'm considering to flash my 930 again :D if anyone confirms that purple tint/issue no longer there!

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey can you tell if the heat on the bottom right has reduced? Also I don't know how long its been since you updated but any battery improvements

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently flashed my 930 with malaysian cv rom to get lte icon instead of 4G. lol
Now I'm considering to flash my 930 again :D if anyone confirms that purple tint/issue no longer there!

It is no longer there for me. But then again, for me it was fixed after the last display update few weeks ago. Currently I don't see any tint at all. But probably wait till someone else confirms this too.

Hey can you tell if the heat on the bottom right has reduced? Also I don't know how long its been since you updated but any battery improvements
I never had heat issues with my 930 and even currently while I reinstalled my backup and apps (about 83 apps) - nothing is heated. Yes, it feels warm but I think that is due to constant use of processor. Battery - too early to say anything. I am recharging it currently since I've flashed and restarted it a few times during the process!

It happens for example with image gallery, while viewing a photo. It takes at least 5 second to rotate the screen.
Checked with my image gallery - it is instant. Hardly takes 1 second to rotate between landscape and portrait.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you had the purple tint issue? Can you say something about it?

I never had purple tint on Cyan, but I did have green tint. Pretty much every time i would first turn the phone screen on, or right before it timed out. Greys would have a green hue.

I heard one fellow mention that flashing Denim fixed it for him, so i flashed immediately.... then I saw a BABY BLUE TINT.... are you kidding me?! Luckily, I factory reset the phone once more, and I havent seen it since. We will see if it holds up.

*EDIT*

Just as i finished typing this message, i woke my phone up and the green tint showed itself again for a few seconds.....at least things are back to "normal". It does seem to be far less often though... Ugh.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I flashed the Denmark one and to be honest, I am not thrilled. I am happy but I have the same issues like before:
1. White is never white. You can see that if you compare it with a white IPS screen. It's grey. I had to move the sliders to get something close to white.
2. Swiping to menu while having background black, it still pixilates the letters in the Swype move. It does this only in lateral swypes in vertical ones the letters don't get pixelated.
3. When I exit apps with back button the animation stutters for half a second

corey_blackstock

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the Denmark one and to be honest, I am not thrilled. I am happy but I have the same issues like before:
1. White is never white. You can see that if you compare it with a white IPS screen. It's grey. I had to move the sliders to get something close to white.
2. Swiping to menu while having background black, it still pixilates the letters in the Swype move. It does this only in lateral swypes in vertical ones the letters don't get pixelated.
3. When I exit apps with back button the animation stutters for half a second

Amoled's white will never be as white as on LCDs.. The same case how LCD's black never be as deep as on Amoled

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is strange. Maybe you should check the display color profile.

Thatd make sense if it was a constant tint, but its not. It simply shows up on greys from time to time and then vanishes after a few seconds. Many others have reported it as well. Just one of the seemingly many quality concerns with some of the 930s. Isn't a deal breaker, but I was certainly hoping denim would resolve it.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've read from someone that Denim would indeed resolve it. My 930 also changes hue on grey colors, always between purple and green. I noticed the color hue changes whenever the screen brightness changes.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've read from someone that Denim would indeed resolve it. My 930 also changes hue on grey colors, always between purple and green. I noticed the color hue changes whenever the screen brightness changes.

Yeah I have actually noticed that as well... keeping it off of auto brightness seems to have fixed it on Denim, but it definitely exists still.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros