Lumia Denim Camera Walkthrough and Comparison

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was playing with my 930s today and decided to make a video detailing some of the features and changes in the new camera app. I also included a 4k video sample, as well as some Denim/Cyan photo comparisons.

I am not a video maker by trade and have never really tried before today, but I do get to speak about this stuff for a living....so hopefully its up to par :)

Please let me know if there is anything else you guys would like to see with the new update. I have some "b roll" footage of rich capture if thats wanted, but I figured they covered it pretty well in the key note.

Thanks!

arnark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Great video . Well explained . Im not sure if it's just me or is the bracketing and the timer gone in the Lumia Camera? Can't find it . Could use Proshot ofc. But still would be nice to have it in the Lumia camera.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man, we appreciate if you can compare cyan & denim. Camera looks really improved. Looking forward for you response. :)

Good luck!

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
arnark: these functions are gone in Lumia Camera DENIM.
Have to say more of great functions are gone. Bass Audiofilter, direct sound recording settings, bracketing, timer all gone.
I guess because of that Microsoft let Lumia Camera Classic still available, so you can adjust your shot more but slowly.
Lumia Camera on DENIM replaced normal Microsoft Camera which was in Windows Phone as generic cam app.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Lucas, thanks for taking the time to do a before/after shot. This is exactly what i was looking for while waiting for the Denim update to be available in Romania.

From what I noticed looking at the comparative shots I see some visible improvements in dynamic range in the street shot and some big improvements in the low light capabilities judging by your last two shots. It's especially visible if you look closely in the shadow areas. Look how mushy and noisy those areas were in Cyan compared to Denim. They seem to have seriously improved the processing algorithms to preserve details and reduce noise without introducing artifacts.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Great video . Well explained . Im not sure if it's just me or is the bracketing and the timer gone in the Lumia Camera? Can't find it . Could use Proshot ofc. But still would be nice to have it in the Lumia camera.

You lose bracketing, but you get HDR.
Fair tradeoff?

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Will there be improvements in processing algorithms for low end phones like the Lumia 520 with denim as they won't be getting the other features. But faster camera and better processing is required.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't see any links in your posting. This is an ongoing problem for me. Does anyone have ideas on where to go to change setting to allow pics, videos and links to be displayed.

Sorry, didn't mean to Hi-jack your posting, just frustrated.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
how is camera performance? Is it really fast? How fast compared with an iphone?

Start up is extremely fast. That much can be seen in the video. It's night and day really. I'd put it on par with that iPhone 6... As far as start up goes.

Actually snapping shots is waaaaay faster than normal, but still not on par with the iPhone 6. Again, I don't really mind since I feel like I'm getting better images than the iPhone 6 in most scenarios. I say most, because low light indoors is much better on auto on the IP6. That said, rich capture on Denim definitely gives us the boost, but as mentioned above, it takes a few seconds for those to snap and process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3