Scratch only visible in natural light

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Gutted! Noticed whilst I was out today that my 930 has a scratch on the screen. Its about 12mm long and wont rub off. Funny thing is , in artificial light its invisible , in natural light its so obvious. Any ideas on how to get rid of it??

Matt

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Or put it down to life, as it won't be the last scratch..... no matter how careful you are!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I used to be a glazier so i know about glass . I know i would be annoyed if i had a scratch. Forget about getting rid of the scratch .There is nothing you can do to get rid of it . You can try to hide it by putting on a screen protector . Replace the screen by a reputable repairer , cheers .

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a glazier so i know about glass . I know i would be annoyed if i had a scratch. Forget about getting rid of the scratch .There is nothing you can do to get rid of it . You can try to hide it by putting on a screen protector . Replace the screen by a reputable repairer , cheers .

Replacement screens are expensive as they are bonded I think. To do that I may as well just go and buy another one. Ill keep it as it is and just put it down to my bad luck lol

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Or put it down to life, as it won't be the last scratch..... no matter how careful you are!

That's true. Everything gets scratched or damaged one way another. Probably, if you could view the whole universe, you'd see that it was scratched.

AluminiumRims

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Despite clever marketing, Gorilla glass surely get scratches especially when getting in contact with metals or minerals.

There is only one material we know about that is really resilient against scratches and that's sapphire

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Its really weird as if I really clean the screen with a lint free cloth , it disappears. As soon as the screen gets finger prints on it and a but grubby its back!

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
That would drive me nuts! Part of the reason I put on a screen protector immediately after opening the box. The only problem is... I've not been able to find a protector that is truly invisible.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. Phones are consumables, like clothes. If you use them daily, eventually they get damaged or wear out. You can't fix the scratch. It probably cleans up with a cloth because you are cleaning the dirt/oils/etc that build up in it, but they will return.

I don't advise using a screen protector either as it degrades the experience. Screen does not feel as nice, can reduce sensitivity and image quality, and it looks like crap when it starts peeling up. Think about it, if a screen protector was really a good idea, why don't manufacturers install it from the factory with one? Costs probably a penny to make or less.

Keep on using the phone and have fun with it instead of worrying about a scratch. I would only worry about cosmetic stuff that affects the functionality of the phone (i.e. prevents from working properly) or looks REALLY bad (i.e. piece cracked off).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo