Modern Combat games disappear from the WP store

Gilad Meiri

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I was ready to pounce on a deal to get modern combat 5 for my 930, when I noticed that modern combat 5 and modern combat 4 have both disappeared from the store today. Has it only disappeared in my phone?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

Avenge TC

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I too have a brand new Nokia Lumia 930, and Modern Combat 5: Blackout does not appear for me on the Windows Store as well and says that the item is not available in the store. May be a 930 issue.

Gilad Meiri

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
As it turns out, I can't get the game in my region. This is such complete BS. Microsoft and their regional crap. Never had this interference on iOS.

Is there anyway I can download the game for free? Some 3rd party source? I don't mind paying for it, but they won't let me.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
As it turns out, I can't get the game in my region. This is such complete BS. Microsoft and their regional crap. Never had this interference on iOS.

Is there anyway I can download the game for free? Some 3rd party source? I don't mind paying for it, but they won't let me.
This is not a Microsoft thing. Developers choose which regions to support. I have the same problem with 'Readit'. I can't pay for it because its not available on my region. Your best bet is getting in touch with the developer.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
This has NOTHING to do with MS or Regions!

The developer (Gameloft) being the pathetic morons that they are removed this game for the Lumia 930 and also refused to reply to any tweets regarding why so screw them!

Hate on Gameloft, NOT MS!

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, I know there are plenty of regions where Cortana isn't available. That's Microsoft's fault, isn't it?

Fault is a bit extreme. They don't have Cortana optimized for each country. At least be thankful it allows you to access by simply switching regions.

Secondly, Cortana and store apps are not the same. Availability of apps purely up to the developer.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're trying to install Modern Combat 5 on your 930, then you're not at luck, man. I too have a 930, and I encountered this problem before. A few searches with Google/Bing will show you that Gameloft DID remove the game for the 930 because of the thing they called "compatibility issues". Heck, my friend tried side-loading the game on his 930 and he said that it ran smoothly without problems. You can't do anything about that, better hope that Gameloft will fix this "someday", or just simply side-load it, but I won't recommend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6