couple of issues with new 930

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My first issue is that when the phone vibrates it makes an annoying rattling or buzzing sound. I could live with this but I've also noticed that when speaking to cortana, using speaker phone, or using speech to text in messaging that I have to speak really loud or it either says it can't hear me or the text is totally wrong. Has anyone encountered these issues? Thanks!

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Concerning the vibration, yes. I believe there is a thread covering this. On my Lumia 930 (International version of Icon) the vibration is very loud and obnoxious. I'm used to it now.
Concerning Cortana. I'm not sure. I don't use it that much to be fair. When I do use it its in a quiet environment. I'm using the UK version atm.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Wish mine vibrated MORE! I often miss it when it's on vibrate only in my pocket.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I took the back cover off and I think its just the way the vibration is on this phone. Concerning the microphone issue, Denim seems to have fixed it! Very happy with the phone right now :)

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I took the back cover off and I think its just the way the vibration is on this phone. Concerning the microphone issue, Denim seems to have fixed it! Very happy with the phone right now :)

The reason you see some discrepancies in responses is because the 930 can be built with one of two different vibra motors. One is soft and quiet (some complain too quiet, missing calls) and the other is sharp and loud (some complain too loud, disruptive). I like the former motor better but you can get used to either.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The reason you see some discrepancies in responses is because the 930 can be built with one of two different vibra motors. One is soft and quiet (some complain too quiet, missing calls) and the other is sharp and loud (some complain too loud, disruptive). I like the former motor better but you can get used to either.

Anyone wanna swap? ;)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3