L930 automatically pressing Back on its own

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay this weird problem suddenly came up recently in the past week or so. I noticed that when I'm just scrolling about in my phone using any app. The phone will suddenly vibrate on its own and the app will close.

At first I thought the app crashed but then I started to realize that the vibration was similar to when you press the back button on the phone.

This issue is starting to happen more often, now and everytime it happens it ether does 4 things:

1. It will just jump back to the start screen
2. It closes the app
3. It goes into the multitasking card view
4. Any of the above and the screen completely stops responding and I have to lock and unlock my phone.

Anyone else facing such problem?? Please tell me how I can fix this issue.

Hope someone responds :x

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Check the corners of the phone. Is the screen separated (i.e. raised) significantly from the bezels at all? If the screen is really lifted bad it can cause phantom touches. Regardless it is a hardware issue that will require repair.

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Check the corners of the phone. Is the screen separated (i.e. raised) significantly from the bezels at all? If the screen is really lifted bad it can cause phantom touches. Regardless it is a hardware issue that will require repair.

Thanks for the reply!
I've check all around my phone. And there is nothing wrong with the screen. The phone is only a few months old... You are sure that this is a hardware related issue?...

If so that would relay stuck. Coz I owned the L920 and the L925 previously to this and when I send them to the service center ask shorts of problem started popping up....

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
my brand new one has had this issue also. It happened the first time I turned it on and each time I have restored the software to factory. Since doing all the updates including developers preview it hasn't done it. My screen doesn't appear to have lifted anywhere so I am not sure what's going on. I must have the worst luck with these lumia phones, my 920 had to go back 4 times for different issues, 1020 twice and this new 930 has 3 problems right out of the box. I'm scared to send it in for fear of what i'll get back. It may just be time to go back to an iPhone as much as I hate them, but I never had a single issue with the 3 I owned.

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
my brand new one has had this issue also. It happened the first time I turned it on and each time I have restored the software to factory. Since doing all the updates including developers preview it hasn't done it. My screen doesn't appear to have lifted anywhere so I am not sure what's going on. I must have the worst luck with these lumia phones, my 920 had to go back 4 times for different issues, 1020 twice and this new 930 has 3 problems right out of the box. I'm scared to send it in for fear of what i'll get back. It may just be time to go back to an iPhone as much as I hate them, but I never had a single issue with the 3 I owned.
Aww man! I feel your pain! I had a L920 and 925 they both went to the service center about 11 and 8 times respectively. I honestly do not know what the service center does but, what ever it is. Everytime I get my phone back from there it seems to get worse.
My L925 was facing some unknown issue so the service center here (Malaysia) sent it to Nokia Dev team. They found a huge bug in the software but they did not want to disclose any information about it.

How ever they ended up giving me a full refund on my almost 1 and a half year L925. And with that refund i bought this L930 which is using.

Man i love nokia for being loyal and honest to their customers but if this phone brakes down over and over again. I'm switching over to the HTC M8 Windowsphone!

aurelian177

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay this weird problem suddenly came up recently in the past week or so. I noticed that when I'm just scrolling about in my phone using any app. The phone will suddenly vibrate on its own and the app will close.

At first I thought the app crashed but then I started to realize that the vibration was similar to when you press the back button on the phone.

This issue is starting to happen more often, now and everytime it happens it ether does 4 things:

1. It will just jump back to the start screen
2. It closes the app
3. It goes into the multitasking card view
4. Any of the above and the screen completely stops responding and I have to lock and unlock my phone.

Anyone else facing such problem?? Please tell me how I can fix this issue.

Hope someone responds :x

I face similar issue with my L635. Twice happened, and I have my phone for 3 weeks. First time the vibration was continuous and with lag but I managed to close the phone by pressing shutdown button (I was in multitasking view). The second time the vibration was short (10 sec) and pressed the back key for aprox. 3 sec and gone (this time I entered cellular data mode and pressed the back key). Any advice before going to service or returning the phone ?

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I face similar issue with my L635. Twice happened, and I have my phone for 3 weeks. First time the vibration was continuous and with lag but I managed to close the phone by pressing shutdown button (I was in multitasking view). The second time the vibration was short (10 sec) and pressed the back key for aprox. 3 sec and gone (this time I entered cellular data mode and pressed the back key). Any advice before going to service or returning the phone ?

I really have no idea. Mine suddenly stopped doing it. But from what I read its all hardware related issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans