Should I buy 930 now?

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Where I live, nobody is trading with the S5. I would love to trade my new S5 with a Lumia 930.

Where do you live?, I'm from Mexico and there is barely 930's here, they are as rare as a honest politician; anyways, the guy who wanted to trade it is an *****, he told me it was like brand new but I insisted him to send me good pictures of it and surprise surprise!, 2 giant dents on the bezel (very noticeable since the 930 was all black). Got myself a second S5 in better condition and with tons of accessories and I think I'll wait for another flagship form WP, I used a Z1 in the past and experienced some issues with the snapdragon 800.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Apart from the OS, the L930s are a downgrade from the Galaxy S5 tbh.

That's in terms of hardware, except for the camera. The 930's camera is second to none as a camera phone for this generation.

Now, in terms of "specifications" it's all relative. I mean, yes, the S5 has great hardware, but Android OS require a lot more specifications to keep a semi-fluid OS. TouchWiz has a lot of lag, due to all the bloat they include. So yes, it needs to be "more powerful" even though people could debate the difference between the 800 vs 801 (take a look here). It's not a big jump. So it's not like night and day. And I'm sure people with the 805 processor can gab a Lumia and say "Wow, that's so fluid, what is it? An 805 or 810?"

I can honestly say I've never had such a fluid experience with a device. 0 lags. More than a month with the device. All fluid and great experiences, 0 crashes. I CAN'T say the same about my Android phones. I mean, Android is great! But if you're going to say that the L930 is "inferior" or "worse" than the S5 based on specs. I'd argue that the 930 wins in EVERY aspect on user experience, except for apps I suppose. And even in specs, the 930 wins in internal storage and camera and probably volume. I haven't had an S5, but 930 has great volume and sound (as long as it's under 25 of the 30 possible).

I mean, I went from the G3 which had higher capacity battery, screen, more RAM, same internal storage, slimmer profile, higher density screen, etc. to the 930 and 1520... For a reason it must be, right? :)

Kind regards.
Kent.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wait will be my advice as a new flagship is definitely round the corner... Might fill the gaps like glance and sd card too

Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
That's in terms of hardware, except for the camera. The 930's camera is second to none as a camera phone for this generation.

Now, in terms of "specifications" it's all relative. I mean, yes, the S5 has great hardware, but Android OS require a lot more specifications to keep a semi-fluid OS. TouchWiz has a lot of lag, due to all the bloat they include. So yes, it needs to be "more powerful" even though people could debate the difference between the 800 vs 801 (take a look here). It's not a big jump. So it's not like night and day. And I'm sure people with the 805 processor can gab a Lumia and say "Wow, that's so fluid, what is it? An 805 or 810?"

I can honestly say I've never had such a fluid experience with a device. 0 lags. More than a month with the device. All fluid and great experiences, 0 crashes. I CAN'T say the same about my Android phones. I mean, Android is great! But if you're going to say that the L930 is "inferior" or "worse" than the S5 based on specs. I'd argue that the 930 wins in EVERY aspect on user experience, except for apps I suppose. And even in specs, the 930 wins in internal storage and camera and probably volume. I haven't had an S5, but 930 has great volume and sound (as long as it's under 25 of the 30 possible).

I mean, I went from the G3 which had higher capacity battery, screen, more RAM, same internal storage, slimmer profile, higher density screen, etc. to the 930 and 1520... For a reason it must be, right? :)

Kind regards.
Kent.

Is not that I don't like the Snapdragon 800 for its power, I don't like it for how power hungry it is and given that the 930 has only a 2420 mAh battery keeps me from getting it. Oh and about the fluidity on android under the 801, you are totally right; my s5 was as fluid as it can get when fresh but now after more than a month there is lag here and there, always need to close apps, have to use ccleaner often, etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3