Photo Edit Problem

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Following the Denim update, I now find that I don't get the option in Photos, either with existing pics or with ones freshly taken in Lumia Camera, to 'Open In Lumia Camera' for editing purposes. Is there something I'm missing?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems the way to do that now is to launch the camera, tap on the icon in the upper left corner, swipe through your pictures until you find the one you want to edit and then do that.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thx. I just tried that in Lumia Camera....it didn't give me the reframe option. I tried also in Lumia Camera Classic, downloaded a short time ago....it did give me the option.

A Lumia Camera Classic photo, opened in Photos, gives the option 'Open In Lumia Camera Classic', so that's the camera app I'll be using in future. But I can't open and re-edit existing photos.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thx. I just tried that in Lumia Camera....it didn't give me the reframe option. I tried also in Lumia Camera Classic, downloaded a short time ago....it did give me the option.

You can reframe using Nokia Creative Studio. It opens the high resolution image. Also there are some decent 3rd party apps in the store that allow the same. Nevertheless, I agree that it should've still been possible to do that with the camera directly.

A Lumia Camera Classic photo, opened in Photos, gives the option 'Open In Lumia Camera Classic', so that's the camera app I'll be using in future. But I can't open and re-edit existing photos.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you dKp, that is indeed a way of doing it. :)

Edit: Having made Lumia Camera Classic the default camera app, existing photos as well as new ones, when viewed in Photos, show the 'Open In Lumia Camera Classic' option.

Last edited:

martinnov92

May 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to use the Lumia creative studio. I just tried it. I took the zoomed picture and then try it in that app and I could zoom out again. Hope it helped :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss