Why isn't my Nokia Lumia 930 turning on?

Charlie Groome

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Nokia lumia 930 wont switch on!

Hi guys! I really need your help! My nokia lumia 930 died while i was watching a film trailer earlier today. Battery Was low so I assumed it just needed charging. Put it on the charge plate, light came on on the plate as usual, so I left it on charge for an hour or so. Went to turn it on, nothing. Thought it may need more charge so left it a while longer. Still nothing. Won't switch back on at all. Any advice would be very helpful. My phone had an update today too.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia lumia 930 wont switch on!

Can you hold the side buttons to force a reboot?

Try connecting the phone to a desktop PC thru USB if possible.
Sometimes this will boot a dark phone.

Charlie Groome

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I've tried pressing and holding all the side buttons but nothing. Plugged the usb cable in and tried the same, but still nothing :(

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Had this happen a few times with a low battery.
What happened in my case was if I continued to hold the off key and V- down for 25-30 seconds I eventually got the lightning bolt.

These phones freak out on a seriously depleted battery at times.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

The charging plate might be dodgy and didn't give it a proper charge. Try plugging in the USB cable and giving it a few hours.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I've tried pressing and holding all the side buttons but nothing. Plugged the usb cable in and tried the same, but still nothing :(

By pressing down all the side buttons do you mean pressing and holding both power button along with volume down for about 15 seconds? That is the proper method. If that doesn't work I would try using a different charge block and USB cable

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

It's scary but I wouldn't worry too much. My phone did this numerous times as a 928 and my previous Lumia 900 as well. When they're low on battery and die, it ls scary sometimes culausw they don't turn on at all sometimes. One time, my phone didn't turn on for 2 days and then suddenly, when I plugged it in, It came back on with no issues.
Keep trying to charge it but if nothing happens, leave it along for a few hours and try again. Happened to me more than once with several Lumias. I don't know why but this si scary when it happens. Wish you the best.

Charlie Groome

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for all your help and advice guys. Its now working.,.. barely charged still but workihg and now charging nonetheless :D

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Didn't see this post in time. Yeah can be a bit scary, but all u have to know i s just leave it connected to a wall charger (no wireless charging, and no charging froma computer), because it is the strongest charge it gets. From the wall charger it can get up to 2.1A, from the computer it is around 0.5A, and from the charging plate it is around 1A, although the usability is just around 40% - so it is like 0.4A.
Nevertheless, I am glad ur phone is working.

sparkles480

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
hi can you please tell me what you did to make it work again? im having the same problem. and its been days already. im desperate! i dont want to do a hard reset because i have things on there i cant have erased. please get back to me thank you!!!:crying::unhappysweat:

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just had this happen to me. My battery was low before going to bed, threw it on the DT-903 Plate, woke up and the 930 was dead. Plugged it into the computer and nothing. Took out the plug and plugged it into the wall and it came to life. That was scary. All is good now.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05