Upgraded my 930 to Denim

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally I got the much awaited denim update for my Lumia 930. I didn't get much time to explore. I couldn't find 2 important features that denim provides
1. Burst shots and
2. HDR

Can someone tell me how can I use these 2 features?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
i believe you only can get acess to this features after update camera app,for me it was just like this

The moment I upgraded to Denim, I upgraded the camera app too, as it showed in Windows store. I can see the option of 4K recording. But where is the option of HDR and burst mode? Maybe I didn't recognize these options. Can you show me through the screen shots?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Additionally, Cortana is working. But I want to activate it by simply saying "Hey Cortana". How can I do that? Right now, "Hey Cortana" doesn't work

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana has to be activated, it's in settings, second to last item on my wife's 1520
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

What is the name of that option in the settings? Can you share the screenshot? When I go to settings, the second to the last item in my 930 is Extra + Info.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
What is the name of that option in the settings? Can you share the screenshot? When I go to settings, the second to the last item in my 930 is Extra + Info.

this is what mine looks like...additionally, get hdr when you enable "rich capture" (tap the little thing that looks like a wand on your settings bar in lumia camera). if you search the net for" lumia camera with denim", or something like that, you'll get a lot of nice articles on how to use lumia camera after update to denim. there is a good article right here on Window Central.

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like feature of Denim varies from country to country... I've updated my L930 to Denim and am from India. I can see the burst shot and 4K recording, but not rich capture. Also as per Denim announcement Indian region will be getting Cortana (alpha version) but it is not available to me yet in reality....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks like feature of Denim varies from country to country... I've updated my L930 to Denim and am from India. I can see the burst shot and 4K recording, but not rich capture. Also as per Denim announcement Indian region will be getting Cortana (alpha version) but it is not available to me yet in reality....

If you open Lumia camera you can find rich capture on the right side in the vertical bar. It's the small stick with a star on in.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
When I take photos in burst mode, there is a lot of lag. Specially with flash enabled. Can't it be with ZERO second shutter lag, just like the way, it is with iPhone 5s and Galaxy series?

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
When I take photos in burst mode, there is a lot of lag. Specially with flash enabled. Can't it be with ZERO second shutter lag, just like the way, it is with iPhone 5s and Galaxy series?

It is not possible with flash firing as the flash takes it own sweet time to toggle between on and off and the shutter should be in sync with it to capture perfect

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It is not possible with flash firing as the flash takes it own sweet time to toggle between on and off and the shutter should be in sync with it to capture perfect

Even without flash, it is slow. I think SD 800 is a good CPU, therefore should be capable of taking quality images, burst mode with ZERO shutter lag,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills