Different charger

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a question about chargers for L930. Is it ok to charge the phone with 2100 mA charger instead of default one? I don't have the charger which comes with the phone by default at the moment, which is 1500 mA. I found an USB AC Adapter with 2100 mA output and I wonder if it won't damage my battery if I charge it this way. I also have an older charger from Lumia 800 with 1300 mA output, which one I should use? Or there is no difference apart from charging time?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a question about chargers for L930. Is it ok to charge the phone with 2100 mA charger instead of default one? I don't have the charger which comes with the phone by default at the moment, which is 1500 mA. I found an USB AC Adapter with 2100 mA output and I wonder if it won't damage my battery if I charge it this way. I also have an older charger from Lumia 800 with 1300 mA output, which one I should use? Or there is no difference apart from charging time?

The 2100 mA will not "blow up" your phone because the internal electronics will prevent it but the max to load is 1500 mA so the "additional" 600 mA are not used. I would use the 13000 mA charger.(The charge time difference between the 1300 and 2100 mA will be small because it is 1300 vs "1500")

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
The 2100 mA will not "blow up" your phone because the internal electronics will prevent it but the max to load is 1500 mA so the "additional" 600 mA are not used. I would use the 13000 mA charger.(The charge time difference between the 1300 and 2100 mA will be small because it is 1300 vs "1500")

Thank you, and what about wireless charging plates? Do I have to buy retail one from Nokia, or those cheap plates for ~10 dollars will do the work also? Can't find the output of original Nokia Charging Plate, but all the others seems to be 1000mA output.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, and what about wireless charging plates? Do I have to buy retail one from Nokia, or those cheap plates for ~10 dollars will do the work also? Can't find the output of original Nokia Charging Plate, but all the others seems to be 1000mA output.

The "old" Nokia chargers like the DT 900, 910, fat boy (DT 900 in a cushion) are 750mA output
The newer DT 601 and 903 are 1700 mA output.

Basically qi standard means that you can use them but I only have the Nokia ones.
Some of the 3rd party ones load your phone but if the phone is 100% the loading stops , this is by the way normal.
But then your phone starts to use battery and the loading% drops again, this is also normal.
But a Nokia will start loading your phone again so in the morning it will be 100%.
Some 3rd party loaders however will not start loading again so in the morning your phone may be 95%.

So yes there are cheaper qi chargers then Nokia and if you know above and don't mind this then go for the 3party ones.

Personally I do not like the dt 601 (to small) and the 903 (no need for bluetooth/NFC and led lights)

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
The "old" Nokia chargers like the DT 900, 910, fat boy (DT 900 in a cushion) are 750mA output
The newer DT 601 and 903 are 1700 mA output.

Basically qi standard means that you can use them but I only have the Nokia ones.
Some of the 3rd party ones load your phone but if the phone is 100% the loading stops , this is by the way normal.
But then your phone starts to use battery and the loading% drops again, this is also normal.
But a Nokia will start loading your phone again so in the morning it will be 100%.
Some 3rd party loaders however will not start loading again so in the morning your phone may be 95%.

So yes there are cheaper qi chargers then Nokia and if you know above and don't mind this then go for the 3party ones.

Personally I do not like the dt 601 (to small) and the 903 (no need for bluetooth/NFC and led lights)
Thank you, I will try a cheap one first. And one more question. Do you know if it is okay to charge the battery a lot of times? I mean with such a charger, I can put my phone to easily charge everytime I want. Even if it still has 70% or more battery left. Or I still should only charge it when battery is below at least 20-30 percent?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no problem in charging your battery as often as you like, whenever you like. Modern batteries don't suffer from memory problems like the old ones did.

I'd suggest buying an official charger though, you see some scare stories with people using dodgy third party chargers. Fires aren't unknown...

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, I will try a cheap one first. A

I've found that the cheap chargers don't give as much charge output as the Nokia Qi charger (I checked the output using an app) so it will take longer the charge the battery up.

ObscureLogic

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Can I ask what the part number of the wireless charger in the retail box is? I bought my 930 as a manufacturer refurb and it only came with a mains charger.

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Can I ask what the part number of the wireless charger in the retail box is? I bought my 930 as a manufacturer refurb and it only came with a mains charger.

930 comes with the DT - 601. Small and round one. I am thinking about buying this one. First I'm gonna try the cheap one, but I guess I will order 601 too.

ObscureLogic

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
930 comes with the DT - 601. Small and round one. I am thinking about buying this one. First I'm gonna try the cheap one, but I guess I will order 601 too.

Thanks. Going to try the official one. The cheap one doesn't like the Nokia wall charger and cuts out with other chargers.

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just got the cheap 3rd party QI charger. And it wasn't a good plan to buy it... Phone got a lot of heat while charging with it, so much that it was even hard to hold it in my hands. Never gonna use that again... I think I'll stick to USB charge from my computer for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo