Why no Windows 10?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So Windows 10 Test Preview will work on the Icon but not the 930. I've slogged through several threads that that have degenerated into arguments about Windows 10 and whether the 930 is a good phone or not. But I haven't seen a definitive explanation of why it won't work on the 930 and if it will at some point or not. Has anyone read an explanation from MS?

I've been testing W10 on my 630 since the day it was made available and it works pretty much flawlessly, So I was planning and looking forward to trying it on my 930 when it was made available too. I didn't mind back then that I couldn't install on the 930 since I didn't know how buggy it might be and anyway almost no one else I knew besides me had a phone they could try it out on. Now I understand how everyone else felt.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the original post that Daniel made yesterday got updated. The reason that Lumia 930 isn't able to get the Windows 10 update is because everything looks "teeny tiny," but it might be fixed in time.

At least you know, and can always hope. :)

telmob

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Its weird how MS updates their flagship phones for last. But this way they can have more users testing and pointing out bugs to their latest OS.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
well if you read the article posted here at WindowsCentral, you'll see that the low end phones (520, 620, 635, etc) are, by far, the largest selling phones, have the largest percentage of market share and that margin is growing even larger and larger, so, MS, like an company, is going to take care of the product lines that produce the best for them first and the others later.

Fred

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its weird how MS updates their flagship phones for last. But this way they can have more users testing and pointing out bugs to their latest OS.

The 930 is one of the few phones out of it as of now.
If you look, the popular 521 isn't on the list as well I believe.

It's not that they're rationally deciding which gets which, but its more that the 930 has an odd device-specific bug that is rather serious. (software works in mysterious ways)

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm ok with waiting till the final version comes out. I hope because of the hardware on this beast will made it run phenomenally!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills