Lumia 1520.3 or Back to 930?

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I had been using a Lumia 930 for the end of summer and beginning of Fall, but then had the impulse to get the 1520. I am on AT&T in NY. My main reason for switching to the 1520 was the lack of LTE support on the 930. It took me a few weeks to get used to the bigger size, but instantly fell in love with the amazing battery life. Recently I have been thinking of going back to the 930 because I think that size is perfect.

Has anyone else made the switch back? Since I have to get a new SIM card it is a little difficult to switch back and forth so I'd like some input before doing so.

Thanks for your help!

Paul

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd say the 1520 if size is not an issue or you could get a nano-to-microsim adapter and use both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I originally owned a 1520 but switched to 930 yesterday because the size was beginning to feel inconvenient. I thought both were nano sim as I just swapped mine over after restoring the back-up on WiFi. The screen on the 1520 seems better and it does not heat up like the 930. My first impressions were that the 930 felt small but after also playing with my old 520 I have to say that 5" is about the right size for my hands and pocket. They are both great phones with relatively identical specs but ultimately, like cameras' the best one is always the one you are carrying with you. Personally the 1520 was superb but too large to just put in my pocket and go out so I always felt the need to carry a bag. If you can afford to wait, then perhaps try to handle a 640xl which is a compromise between the two and a step down in specification. If not then stick with the 930.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm interested to hear how different your experience with battery is between the 930 and the 1520. The 1520 is the only phone I have ever had where I never even thought about battery life before going out at night.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The battery life is about the same when fully charged but I suspect in normal use it does drain about 25% quicker. Like you I could fully charge the 1520 and just forget about checking the battery all day and night, but with the 930 I would be more aware of the charge dropping, especially when playing constant screen touch games like Hungry Shark Evolution or taking photos. I am fortunate in that I have a DC-50 charge plate/battery included with mine but that can be a bit big to carry in a pocket as well as a phone so the DC-19 portable charger could be a good option, 3200mAh in a battery the size of a lipstick or packet of gum. It would give you that added sense of security on a long day, especially if out taking photos.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro