Are the issues with the 930 still there?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i want to get a 930, i have the iphone 5s, love it its brilliant but i've had windows phones before and love it, i can probably get the 930 by selling my iphone and get the 930 for ?170, but im scared for several reasons:

1) Screen burn ins are they that bad?

2) the screen flicking issues and purple screen issues? are they still there?

3) battery life?

5) any other issues i should know?

scottymc

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
1) Never had any
2) Not since Demin update
3) It lasts as long any other phone I've had inc iphone 5

I came from a iphone5 to the 930 and I'm well pleased, had it since it came out in the UK and it still manages to impress me

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't suffer with screen flickering, but when you scroll it isn't a smooth as an IPS screen, but that's an issue with all AMOLED screens.

TBH I don't notice it.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't suffer with screen flickering, but when you scroll it isn't a smooth as an IPS screen, but that's an issue with all AMOLED screens.

TBH I don't notice it.

sorry but it does have a flickering issue, just search lumia 930 flickering on this site or google, thats my mian worry

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I can only confirm Scott's saying. I own a 930 for a couple of weeks and didn't have any issue. I'm particularly surprized about this never ending Burn-in-gate that appears whenever Amoled is involved. I own(ed) three galaxy notes, a LG watch and never ever noticed anything. I must be unbelievably lucky or completely blind...
par Tapatalk sur mon fabuleux Lumia 930

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
are you sure the flickering issues are gone? the threads on here are really worrying

remember, problems in forums appear much more widespread and worrying than they really are since we aren't hearing from those with perfectly working phones as much.

You're more likely to get a phone that's just fine. There are defects in any phone model. I imagine most any problems were worked out since the 930/Icon launched anyway.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had a 930 for a month, hardware rev 2.0.0.2. I am not experiencing what you describe. The closest thing to flickering I've seen is that when I'm on a 2G/Edge signal, on bright pages I sometimes see what looks like refresh issues scroll across the screen. The screen doesn't brighten/dim (which is how I interpret "flickering") but there are these lines that cross the screen, like an old monitor that's out of sync. My guess is when the phone is on Edge there isn't proper shielding between the antenna and screen. This doesn't happen on HSPA / H+ signal nor on WiFi - it only happened when it downshifts to Edge signals - which only happened while I was in rural Italy. If signal in your area is Edge, maybe stay away.

Regarding burn-in, I come from owning a 1020 which also had AMOLED, and it never developed burn-in. I have only had the 930 a month but no screen burn in on it. It is a great phone. My wife has an 830 and I like that too - it performs similarly to the 930 and is thinner, but doesn't have Hey Cortana and the photos aren't as good (but they are pretty good).

M

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on month 7 of 930 ownership. It's not available where I live, so I purchased it online - it is a Hong Kong version.

I have had none of the issues you have mentioned.

i want to get a 930, i have the iphone 5s, love it its brilliant but i've had windows phones before and love it, i can probably get the 930 by selling my iphone and get the 930 for ?170, but im scared for several reasons:

1) Screen burn ins are they that bad?

2) the screen flicking issues and purple screen issues? are they still there?

3) battery life?

5) any other issues i should know?

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
sorry but it does have a flickering issue, just search lumia 930 flickering on this site or google, thats my mian worry

Every phone in the world has every problem possible happening to it, since there are so many phones, and since there are so many forums, they will be extensively written about. Personally, all I can say is I don't recall seeing flickering when I've been using my 930, nor any other problems you listed, and I wholeheartedly recommend the phone.

Putu Oka

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
i bought lumia 930 around a week ago and as far here's my issue:
- 2nd microphone not working. if you switch to speaker mode when calling your friend, they will not hear your voice. see this thread forums[dot]windowscentral[dot]com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-problem-lumia-930-second-microphone.html
- it's hard to get HQ photo quality in auto mode (default) for lumia camera cyan. photo/video quality depend on lightning when in the dark/low light environment it still noisy
- battery life drain faster when you use denim

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been contemplating getting a 930, really liking my 830 but need/want a flagship. Of the issues OP mentioned, the one I hear about the most is heat issues.
OP, have you read anything on this? That's my main worry.

Burn in is often mentioned with AMOLED screens, but like someone else said, my Nokia N85, Note 2, Galaxy S, and other phones, never had that issue. I guess we've been lucky.

You could maybe see if you like it and if any issues come up, return it within the return period?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been contemplating getting a 930, really liking my 830 but need/want a flagship. Of the issues OP mentioned, the one I hear about the most is heat issues.
OP, have you read anything on this? That's my main worry.

Burn in is often mentioned with AMOLED screens, but like someone else said, my Nokia N85, Note 2, Galaxy S, and other phones, never had that issue. I guess we've been lucky.

You could maybe see if you like it and if any issues come up, return it within the return period?

im buying it pre owned and yeah i've seen the heat issues everywhere but seems to be better with denim but my main concern is still the flickering thing look here:; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gadgNsscde4

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
im buying it pre owned and yeah i've seen the heat issues everywhere but seems to be better with denim but my main concern is still the flickering thing look here:; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gadgNsscde4
From the video I couldn't see any flickering. I saw they reloaded the page by pressing the Enter key and it refreshed. I tried the same thing on my 830 and it did the same thing.
Am I missing something?

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now I see it. From the video I hadn't noticed it, I wonder how it looks in person?
Guess I'll read up in that too.

Thanks for sharing the vid

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I've never noticed that kind of flickering in my 930. Only thing that can be described as flickering is that when I scroll for example a long web page fast, sometimes the text jumps quite annoyingly. But that's not a big issue at all. Overall, I'm completely happy with my Lumia. I even measured temperatures with infrared meter and hottest I got my phones hottest corner was 43,3 degrees of C. It feels a little hotter to the hand because of the aluminium frame.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi JaniM, does it happen often? My 830 gets warm after a bit of heavy gaming but never too hot. I read that it's common on the 930 with web browsing, videos, gaming and even taking pictures?

PsyOr

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought the "flickering" is when the screen become black for less then one second, happens sometimes when browsing pictures ... Anyone notice this kind of flickering/blinking?

vladtdr

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
i have only 1 problem, the battery. The phone gets really hot in the bottom corner( im guessing where the CPU is) and it drains battery like crazy while i do simple stuff like browse the internet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99