Black and Gold 930

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Trying to locate a Nokia 930 gold and black edition to add to my collection. Have managed to find some in the uk but they are super pricey. My other option is importing from HK which isn't too bad but just wondering if anybody else has picked one up. I'm curious to find out if they still suffer from some of the 930's quirks.

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's way too expensive, their is a HK seller with the black and gold version selling at ?239 and with import charges it's a reasonable ?280. Just wondered if anyone knew of any other sources.

M1k3strutt3r

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I've looked at these on ebay as well. Very tempting.
Are there any downsides purchasing a model from another country? ( regarding updates ) Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've looked at these on ebay as well. Very tempting.
Are there any downsides purchasing a model from another country? ( regarding updates ) Thanks

You still get the updates but when it's released for that model "home country" (Country variant) and not when its released in the country you are.
Furthermore some country variant's may have "dedicated" firmware.
For example for an India CV, which has no LTE band for India (2300mHz) the option 4G was disable with Denim.
And it depends in which country you want to use a "foreign" phone. So you have to check which bands they support before you buy them.

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Took the plunge and ordered one from the HK vendor. I just think it looks like an amazing phone in that colour. Hopefully be here next week sometime.

M1k3strutt3r

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Took the plunge and ordered one from the HK vendor. I just think it looks like an amazing phone in that colour. Hopefully be here next week sometime.

Nice one.
Am I right in thinking the photo on the ad on ebay is of the Lumia 830 in black and gold? I know the purchase is for the Lumia 930 tho :)

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice one.
Am I right in thinking the photo on the ad on ebay is of the Lumia 830 in black and gold? I know the purchase is for the Lumia 930 tho :)

Yeah, contacted them and they did say it was the 930, did ask if they could supply an 830 as well but haven't heard back yet.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Where can I buy the white and gold Lumia 830? Am in the UK? I ordered one from amazon.de and they flipping sent me the standard white one and not the limited edition one. Now am having problems sending it back because you cant post lithium ion batteries. So I want to get the white/gold 830 for my mother's birthday. Any sources greatly appreciated.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Where can I buy the white and gold Lumia 830? Am in the UK? I ordered one from amazon.de and they flipping sent me the standard white one and not the limited edition one. Now am having problems sending it back because you cant post lithium ion batteries. So I want to get the white/gold 830 for my mother's birthday. Any sources greatly appreciated.

How about the American Amazon? That's where I ordered the one I got for my mother (who by the way adores the phone). Just choose one of the vendors that ship internationally: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3105521

Otherwise, try Ebay.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you but I want the 830 version. Thinner and lighter than the 930. I tried ebay. Nothing :(

Oops, thought you said 930. I've been thinking of getting a gold 830 here in the States to replace my regular 830, but I wouldn't get LTE here :(. Anyway, you can try the German Amazon, Amazon.de. Some of the merchants ship internationally.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Oops, thought you said 930. I've been thinking of getting a gold 830 here in the States to replace my regular 830, but I wouldn't get LTE here :(. Anyway, you can try the German Amazon, Amazon.de. Some of the merchants ship internationally.

As already mentioned a few posts above, i did order from amazon.de and they bleedin' sent me a regular white version instead of the special edition one I ordered. Now I am having difficulty shipping it back for a refund as I can't ship lithium ion batteries overseas. Unless someone knows how.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As already mentioned a few posts above, i did order from amazon.de and they bleedin' sent me a regular white version instead of the special edition one I ordered. Now I am having difficulty shipping it back for a refund as I can't ship lithium ion batteries overseas. Unless someone knows how.

I meant there are multiple retailers that sell internationally. Why not choose a different one from Amazon.de? Surely that same mistake can't happen twice.

May I ask which one you ordered from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo