Lumia 930 network activity

SaltedSquirrel7

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've come across a particularly bizarre issue where when my Lumia 930 is connected to my WiFi at home, it appears to grind everything pretty much to a halt. For a while now, I've had issues with internet speed but assumed it was my ISP, but this morning whilst things were going slow (long story short :)), I put my Lumia 930 into flight mode whilst running a continuous ping to google.co.uk

Whilst my L930 was connected to the network, I was getting at least 3 digit response times (think 800ms + as a minimum), however the second I disconnect it, these drop to 26ms and I can replicate this each and every time.

I've rebooted my phone several times to no avail, however the first time I did this I got a shed load of notifications appear, indicating to me that something wasn't working correctly in the background, but even after these came piling in, I still have the issue.

We have other Windows Phones in my house (3 x Lumia 630's to be precise), and none of these exhibit the same behaviour. I'm currently back on my iPhone 5S for now whilst I can try and get this solved, but has anyone seen this before?

I am running WP8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett