Why isn't my mic working while on a call and video recording?

lumia930lover

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Mic not working while in call and video recording

Hi I am using Lumia 930 with Win10. I am facing a issue with mic. If I use cortana is is taking my commands what ever I speak. But when I use loudspeaker for calls whatever I speak it is not audible to other person and when I record a video sound is not recording.

What may be the problem.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mic not working while in call and video recording

That's odd, it does sound like something is happening with one of your mics.

First trouble shooting step is a soft reset. Have you tried that? In order to soft reset a Lumia 930, simply hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, or until the phone vibrates and reboots itself.

dacrazyginger101

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mic not working while in call and video recording

Okay, I've had the same problem as you, but i switched to a Lumia 950XL. Today, I decided to dust off my Lumia 930 and it was already on the fast ring, but a few build old, so I updated and I decided to see maybe if the latest build fixes the mic. Until today, I was 99% sure that it was a faulty mic because if I put my mouth directly on the back mic, any app using my mic would hear me loud and clear. However, the mic is randomly now working without any issues. I honestly have no idea what happened, but it's working. I'll keep monitoring it

Sergy096

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. Send it to Tech Support, 7 weeks and the changed the mother board but I received today and not working as it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6