Is my battery dead? My phone reboots forever if not connected to the charger

Gabriel Acunha

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!
I have a lumia 930 with the insider program (slow version). From the last couple weeks my phone started to have some issues. It started with some random reboots when using the whatsapp, then when I was recording a audio msg it suddenly dropped all the battery (i.e, the battery level was at 40%, then I started to reccord the audio msg, battery suddenly drops to 20%, then to 10% and then the phone reboots ~ all of this in a couple of secconds ~ and then when the phone turns on again the battery is back to 40%), and now (yesterday) my phone started to reboot forever when not connected to the charger. It can only stay on if connected to the charger, if I disconnect it, it immediately starts to reboot, goes to nokia screen, then the wp10, and back to nokia, wp10, back to nokia and goes on and on, and when i connect to the charger, it goes all good. I've already done a hard reset and tried to downgrade to wp8.1 but the phone doenst even connect to the pc cause it starts to reboot again when not connected to the charger.
Any clues on what is happening? Is it dead?
Thank you all!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Any time a battery makes large sudden drops indicates a high probability that the battery is dead. The 930 is a few years old too, so it's very possible given the likely age and charge cycles on the handset. Will probably find a new battery makes it run longer :)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!
I have a lumia 930 with the insider program (slow version). From the last couple weeks my phone started to have some issues. It started with some random reboots when using the whatsapp, then when I was recording a audio msg it suddenly dropped all the battery (i.e, the battery level was at 40%, then I started to reccord the audio msg, battery suddenly drops to 20%, then to 10% and then the phone reboots ~ all of this in a couple of secconds ~ and then when the phone turns on again the battery is back to 40%), and now (yesterday) my phone started to reboot forever when not connected to the charger. It can only stay on if connected to the charger, if I disconnect it, it immediately starts to reboot, goes to nokia screen, then the wp10, and back to nokia, wp10, back to nokia and goes on and on, and when i connect to the charger, it goes all good. I've already done a hard reset and tried to downgrade to wp8.1 but the phone doenst even connect to the pc cause it starts to reboot again when not connected to the charger.
Any clues on what is happening? Is it dead?
Thank you all!

I'm also facing this issue from a week.
I startup my phone using data cable by connecting to PC then it starts my phone with blinking battery icon. After 20-30 minutes, I again connect my genuine charger for complete charging whether it takes 6hrs to complete.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/444487-battery-drain-fixed-latest-updates.html

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
seems like a battery issue. batteries for these phones are pretty cheap, and pretty easy to change out.

there's no "good" time for a battery to die. often, folks attribute it to something coincidental to what they were doing, when really, it's the battery buying the farm.

ianfromnotts

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I have just had the same problem too - I tried clean installs and reverting back to WP8.1 before I came to the conclusion it was probably the battery as it works fine when plugged into the mains power. Batteries on the bay look to cost any where between GBP2 and GBP40 most "Original Nokia" seem to have a date code 2014/05/20 so as this includes the cheap options I am guessing most are copies. any ideas for alternatives ? I am leaning towards Polarcell but the shipping looks slow

ianfromnotts

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Problem sorted. I bought a phone repair screwdriver kit off ebay and a £3 battery. It took less than 30 minutes to swap the battery over, very straight forward. All working again now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786