From L930 to Iphone 6S

rwrw01

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh no, I dropped my L930 and the screen shattered. A long dreaded moment became a fact of life, I had to make a choise.

Since my consultancy firm is moving to AFAS (time/billing app) and that application is not on Windows Phone as are som of my other favorites are not available I bought a secondhand Iphone 6S at 2x the current newprice of a L950 (on sale).

What a shame this app-gap. Windows Mobile as a platform is much much more mature:
  • safari is a scrolling disaster, slow scrolling. The "solution" is installing Chrome
  • in de browsers the address bar is on to. My finger is after 3 days overstreched
  • going a page back requires a swipe from exactly the edge of the screen, just swiping will do nothing
  • the tiles/icons on the frontscreen are a mess. Creating new pages is a tedious task
  • I cannot create a icon per mailbox, everything is combined (I did install outlook)
  • need I go on ?

What is great:
  • mindmeister, well designed ING app (banking), AFAS, Skysafari Pro, Wheaterpro with a advanced app, Delve (WTF not on WM), better linkedin app, paper, well designed marktplaats app
  • alle the MS apps seem to be better designed
  • Siri in dutch
  • Touch ID
  • Great sync with photo's to onedrive.

In the end I miss Windows Phone, perhaps I will buy a second phone and will use the Windows Phone as a primairy phone and will use the iphone as a app-machine, just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos