Is my 930 slow?

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying new phones, mostly browsing the web, and the S6, S7 and iPhone 6s are very responsive when it comes to closing pop ups and clicking on links.

With my 930 I have to press the cross several times to successfully close a pop up window in Edge. Am I doing something wrong? Is that the normal behaviour for a 930? It's up to date with Window 10 Mobile. I really think a 930 should still be able to handle internet browsing as well as any new phone, it's not exactly an intensive task.

Your thoughts?

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It may depend on the pop-up window. Some don't like to be banished. I'm thinking of ads, but perhaps you don't​ mean that?

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It's improved a bit since the last update, but I still find it quite slow. Sometimes I try to close several times, and when it finally closes, it opens a link right behind on the web page and it takes me somewhere else. Nightmare.

When I tried those other phones, I went on the same websites and my experience with the same popups was considerably better: they disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Look like yeah, your phone has some kind of memory full problem. My Lumia 930 never takes so much time to close any pop-ups sent by websites.

You could try restarting, and soft-resetting your device. Also do go to Storage settings and clear out the temporary files section. Maybe that could help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte