ICON Roll Call

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
After going to multiple stores with rude employees who know nothing, I managed to go to a store a couple towns over and got an employees who was not judgmental, and was telling me how much she liked the look and feel of the Lumia Icon when she tried it out the other day when the Nokia rep was there.

I bought my Icon (white) and also bought a car charger. Successful outing. She did try to get me to switch my plan over to Verizon Edge, but I told her I know how much more that will cost me, regardless of how much you will try to convince me otherwise. She knew I did the research, so she didn't pressure me too hard and went on to complete the sale.

She admitted she wasn't too knowledgeable about Windows Phones, but liked what she's tried. And we had a nice conversation about Hawaii (both of us had recently been there).

For every 10 ******* Verizon reps, there's one who isn't judgmental and rude and bitchy. Thank God I managed to find one, even though it took way too many attempts to find a store that was selling the Icon.

As for the phone, the display is really nice. The camera is great. haven't put it through the paces but it's pretty good. The build quality of the phone feels very solid and high quality.
I know some reviewers said the edges felt rough? I have no problems at all, and that's coming from an iPhone. I don't feel any sharp edges. I've already synced all my apps and Microsoft account services, and I love everything so far. Just gotta get some of my photos and videos onto it and I should be good to go.

I recommend the Icon to anyone on Verizon who's due for an upgrade. I'm officially part of the Nokia family (NokiaUS tweeted me a "welcome to our family" message. I feel so much more welcome in the Nokia family than I did in the iPhone family).

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After going to multiple stores with rude employees who know nothing, I managed to go to a store a couple towns over and got an employees who was not judgmental, and was telling me how much she liked the look and feel of the Lumia Icon when she tried it out the other day when the Nokia rep was there.

I bought my Icon (white) and also bought a car charger. Successful outing. She did try to get me to switch my plan over to Verizon Edge, but I told her I know how much more that will cost me, regardless of how much you will try to convince me otherwise. She knew I did the research, so she didn't pressure me too hard and went on to complete the sale.

She admitted she wasn't too knowledgeable about Windows Phones, but liked what she's tried. And we had a nice conversation about Hawaii (both of us had recently been there).

For every 10 ******* Verizon reps, there's one who isn't judgmental and rude and bitchy. Thank God I managed to find one, even though it took way too many attempts to find a store that was selling the Icon.

As for the phone, the display is really nice. The camera is great. haven't put it through the paces but it's pretty good. The build quality of the phone feels very solid and high quality.
I know some reviewers said the edges felt rough? I have no problems at all, and that's coming from an iPhone. I don't feel any sharp edges. I've already synced all my apps and Microsoft account services, and I love everything so far. Just gotta get some of my photos and videos onto it and I should be good to go.

I recommend the Icon to anyone on Verizon who's due for an upgrade. I'm officially part of the Nokia family (NokiaUS tweeted me a "welcome to our family" message. I feel so much more welcome in the Nokia family than I did in the iPhone family).

I'm not picking one up until the 25th as that's the earliest I can upgrade at the Microsoft Store. But I am really happy to see you get one. I know you've been one of the faithful (read: pathetic :wink: ) few who have been waiting for this device since the very first leak. It's been good to have solid company during the wait! Enjoy, Dustin!

Edit: You too, Zipp! :)

Last edited:

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not picking one up until the 25th as that's the earliest I can upgrade at the Microsoft Store. But I am really happy to see you get one. I know you've been one of the faithful (read: pathetic :wink: ) few who have been waiting for this device since the very first leak. It's been good to have solid company during the wait! Enjoy, Dustin!

Edit: You too, Zipp! :)

It's been a long wait, and I definitely stumbled across the finish line after being so mentally exhausted by false hope and rumors, but the result was worthwhile. The Icon is great. You'll love it. It's been good to have people to ***** and moan to, who understand why, haha. Soon we'll all be good company with the same phone for a while. Then we get to do this dance all over again (ugh! haha).

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm so jealous of everyone that has been able to find the white one in stock at Verizon stores. When I picked up my black one yesterday I just walked in and asked if he had the Icon and the guy went in the back and pulled a box out. Right before I left the store I noticed that they actually had a working demo unit out on the floor, mixed between various Android devices.

One thing I liked was the fact that the rep didn't try and question my decision to purchase a Windows Phone. He and the other rep actually were complimenting the Icon as we were activating it and they both mentioned how far Windows has come since Windows Mobile and even Windows Phone 7. I reminded them about 8.1 coming out in a few months and they actually seemed excited.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my black Icon last night. Love it! One thing that really impressed me was that I got back all my apps and settings from my 822 without having to reinstall my apps! It even remembered my tile color and phone wallpaper. So for you guys going from one Windows 8 phone to another, that is a treat in itself! All I had to do was manually customize my tiles, and I got all my favorite apps tiled on the main screen! I'm rocking the Incipio Dual Pro case in black, and it compliments the phone very nicely.
For those of you who like belt clips like me, I got the Mophie Hip Holster 7500 at Best Buy. You can also get it on Amazon. It is leather, it ratchets, and it fits the Icon with Incipio case beautifully!
I bought mine at the Microsoft Store and got the standing wireless charger.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
.....multiple stores with rude employees.......I managed to go to a store a couple towns over

So far, I think you might get the ribbon for the most adventurous outing to get an Icon. All it was missing were invading aliens or a sword fight or something.

Mine just involved a really bad pothole. :-/

macroweb

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I purchased by Nokia Lumia Icon yesterday afternoon, and I am loving it! The build quality is amazing, and the display is gorgeous.
The Verizon sales clerk tried to play dumb but relented when I told him that another store told me they had the phone in stock. This store had nothing on display but 3 more Icons were sold while I was there.

Let?s hope that the new Icon will turn the fire that is windows phone into a raging blaze and that sales momentum increases exponentially.

Good luck to you all!

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchased by Nokia Lumia Icon yesterday afternoon, and I am loving it! The build quality is amazing, and the display is gorgeous.
The Verizon sales clerk tried to play dumb but relented when I told him that another store told me they had the phone in stock. This store had nothing on display but 3 more Icons were sold while I was there.

Let’s hope that the new Icon will turn the fire that is windows phone into a raging blaze and that sales momentum increases exponentially.

Good luck to you all!

Wow, 3 others sold while you were there? That's great to hear. What part of the country do you live in, by the way? I wish more people were into Windows Phone here. Although, I did see a guy buying a Lumia 2520 while I was buying my Icon. So that was slightly encouraging.

JjonesWI

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
2 hours to the nearest MS Store. Walked into a local VZW store when they unlocked the door, walked out with my Icon. So far so good.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my Icon in white while on business in Seattle area. The Verizon store I went to didn't even have the Icon out. Good for me, no chance they were out of my color.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just drove back a few hours ago from the Microsoft Store in Delaware and picked up the black Icon. Still getting it setup, but am loving it so far. Only thing is I am running out of icons with so much real estate on the start screen..

garyrh

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Coming from a Lumia 928 I love the Icon. The hardware makes a big difference in performance. I have not found one problem with so far with my Icon. The 5" screen the perfect size for a phone. I do miss the glance screen and it comes to the Icon. You will not be disappointed with the Icon if you make the jump to it.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Coming from a Lumia 928 I love the Icon. The hardware makes a big difference in performance. I have not found one problem with so far with my Icon. The 5" screen the perfect size for a phone. I do miss the glance screen and it comes to the Icon. You will not be disappointed with the Icon if you make the jump to it.
how did you make the jump? Were you a Verizon customer for many a years or did you do the edge or add a line?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After much wrestling and back and forth with Verizon, I finally upgraded to a brand new white Nokia Lumia Icon. Bought it from the Microsoft Store with the free charging stand and the complete insurance plan.

Man, this phone is great! Not a single problem so far, but I guess it's only been 15 hours. The original device in the first box they brought out for me had kinda loose power button, so I asked them to bring out a different one. The second box they brought out had a seemingly flawless NL Icon inside it. All the buttons have a pretty good resistance & give to them. Phone looks great and I'm stoked to have it!

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm bit a late since I've been posting about it, but I also picked up the Icon on launch day and have been loving it ever since. Not planning on upgrading any time soon, but I'm confident that this will hold up for 2 years.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm bit a late since I've been posting about it, but I also picked up the Icon on launch day and have been loving it ever since. Not planning on upgrading any time soon, but I'm confident that this will hold up for 2 years.

its never too late to post about it! we need as much feedback as possible ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
So after waiting months for this phone to come out it finally did...and I had to wait a week before getting it. But I finally have the Icon in my hands!

First off my experience getting this phone. I picked it up at a Verizon store here in San Jose. Wasn't a bad experience at all. The rep never tried to talk me out of picking the Icon. He asked what I was looking for, said "cool" then came out with the phone and some accessories. As we going through the process I had asked him if many people were buying the Icon. He said this was the first he sold himself. But he said he remembered when the Nokia Rep came in and "schooled" them on the phone. He said he was hesitant at first because of the "lack of popular apps" but after getting to know the phone and windows he said he no longer saw that as a problem. He said when asked about he's doesn't hesitate to offer this phone.

As far as this phone, love it. Love the screen. Its beautiful. I love the feel of the phone. Its been said but it feels lighter than the 928. Haven't really had time to mess with the camera but will be doing plenty of pic taking. I know I'm late to the party but glad I finally was able to pick this up. Was everything I was hoping for.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So after waiting months for this phone to come out it finally did...and I had to wait a week before getting it. But I finally have the Icon in my hands!

First off my experience getting this phone. I picked it up at a Verizon store here in San Jose. Wasn't a bad experience at all. The rep never tried to talk me out of picking the Icon. He asked what I was looking for, said "cool" then came out with the phone and some accessories. As we going through the process I had asked him if many people were buying the Icon. He said this was the first he sold himself. But he said he remembered when the Nokia Rep came in and "schooled" them on the phone. He said he was hesitant at first because of the "lack of popular apps" but after getting to know the phone and windows he said he no longer saw that as a problem. He said when asked about he's doesn't hesitate to offer this phone.

As far as this phone, love it. Love the screen. Its beautiful. I love the feel of the phone. Its been said but it feels lighter than the 928. Haven't really had time to mess with the camera but will be doing plenty of pic taking. I know I'm late to the party but glad I finally was able to pick this up. Was everything I was hoping for.

as ive said before its never too late ;) congratz on the new phone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb