How did you setup your Lumia Icon start screen?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Between custom tile colors and sizes I think we as Windows Phone users have the best start screen options out there. I've seen a lot of great ideas on threads for other devices and think the Icon should have one too.

Post your pics and if you used a unique app or technique to get that custom look please share what you used and how you did it.

I find that it takes me a few days to "nail down" what I want but I'll start this thread with my first draft. Lately, I've enjoyed the high contrast setting and try to get a nice equilibrium between form and function.

wp_ss_20140220_0003.jpg

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
This is how I set up my cousin's Start Screen. It will surely change when he gets it and starts customizing it, but for now I just wanted to emphasize the best of Windows Phone, i.e. weather live tile, pinning people, different tile sizes, Halo on Windows Phone, Xbox Music (also got him a 1-year pass).

wp_ss_20140220_0005.png

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140220_0001.jpg

Took me a while to fill the entire space but I think I got it to where I like it. Never use more than what can fit on my screen.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's my setup. I jammed as much stuff as humanly possible so I don't need to scroll, lol! I only have 3 or 4 large tiles. It's just a preference.
StartScreenBlank.jpg

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Between custom tile colors and sizes I think we as Windows Phone users have the best start screen options out there. I've seen a lot of great ideas on threads for other devices and think the Icon should have one too.

Post your pics and if you used a unique app or technique to get that custom look please share what you used and how you did it.

I find that it takes me a few days to "nail down" what I want but I'll start this thread with my first draft. Lately, I've enjoyed the high contrast setting and try to get a nice equilibrium between form and function.

View attachment 57572

what calendar app are you using... Sorry, new to WP.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 57572

How'd you get the tiles to turn black? That's awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism