Google Error 80072F30

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So I'm loving the Icon but this popped up a couple hours ago.

I googled and found issues with the same code but those were over a year ago and I can't seem to fix it.

Is it temporary? I downloaded MetroMail but would prefer to use the default WP client for Google if there is someway to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you've been told this or not... You probably have if you've mentioned on these boards that you're using Gmail. But you should consider switching to outlook and saving yourself a lot of hassle in the future. Google goes out of their way to ensure that their services don't play nice with WP8. This won't be the last time you'll bump into errors. I used to use Gmail, Google Calendar, Gchat, Google Docs, the whole package. I switched to Outlook, Outlook calendar, text/Skype, and Skydrive (now OneDrive.) and it's a much cleaner experience.

An easy fix is just to have your Gmail forwarded to an Outlook account. It's that easy. But you do what you'd like to do.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My Gmail usually
syncs flawlessly but I'll get that same error(today actually) and for me its caused by the phone attempting to sync while I have poor signal strength. Resyncing manually puts things back on track.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
If you're enjoying your Windows Phone I also suggest switching to Outlook. The link below is an easy how to that literally moved every single email and folder into their own on Outlook and every single calendar entry into my outlook calendar. I wouldn't let the program move your contacts though. With that I'd manually export your gmail contacts to a .csv file and then import them into outlook. If you don't it won't allow you to edit them.

Microsoft makes it easier to switch to Outlook.com for Gmail users with new tools | Windows Phone Central

wjg3

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Have had the Icon for a week or so and have three mail accounts. Phone works fine with outlook and with earthlink pop3 but it intermittently delivers the 80072F30 error when trying to update my web site based pop3 or IMAP email. Set for updated each 15 minutes but often it does not update for hours and when manually update is used it either takes forever or the error message appears. Very frustrating. Have deleted and reinstalled several times, used the soft reset and with no solution. Seems like a windows software problem. Solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon