Any Life-Proof or similar rugged water proof case for the Icon?

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if this has been asked before. I know Life-Proof doesn't make an Icon case, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend something similar?

I love the case I have now, but have a trip planned in December and would love to use the Icon as my primary camera and such. Wondering if there is anything to protect it against the snow and other elements?

Thanks.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Other than the Otterbox Defender, I don't know of any cases that provide that kind of protection for all around use. Even so, the Defender isn't water proof.

Nokia Lumia Icon Cases & Covers from OtterBox

If you are looking for purely waterproof, then you can try Dry Case. I have one for my Icon when I go to the beach. But, I'm not sure if the form factor is what you are looking for.

https://www.drycase.com/product/DC-13.html

Right now most case makers cater to the Samsung and iPhone crowds.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
you could use a pouch from dandycase. Its rated for 30 metres and ive personally tested it upto 35. works like a charm and its compatible for phones with displays upto 5 inches.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Cold will affect the phone as far as battery life. Batteries don't like extreme cold or heat. So a pouch like the Dry Case or Dandy Case or a case like the Otterbox Defender should do fine. The Defender has gaskets over the ports to make it water resistant and an integrated screen protector.

In any case (excuse the pun), none of the cases/pouches mentioned or any that I know of will protect from extreme heat or cold.

gamerweirdo

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the Trident Cyclopes case for my phone. It is quite good for protection and has a built-in screen protector just like the Otterbox. I had the Otterbox Defender case on my 822 previously and it was a great case too.

iconuser165

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Other than the Otterbox Defender, I don't know of any cases that provide that kind of protection for all around use. Even so, the Defender isn't water proof.

Nokia Lumia Icon Cases & Covers from OtterBox

If you are looking for purely waterproof, then you can try Dry Case. I have one for my Icon when I go to the beach. But, I'm not sure if the form factor is what you are looking for.

https://www.drycase.com/product/DC-13.html

Right now most case makers cater to the Samsung and iPhone crowds.

Thanks for the info, Timmay;). I read this post earlier but just couldn't rationalize my need for this case. Tonight my wife and I played darts on our deck. The evening increased from a mist to heavy rain. We were playing 501 (There's an APP for that;)! ) I couched my Icon in a freezer bag (ugly but functional). Placed my order for "Dry Case" tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05