Proximity Sensor Issues

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having proximity sensor issues after the new update?

I spend a lot of time on speaker phone or headphones, and often want to look something up relevant to the conversation. But my phone kept flicking off and making browsing nearly impossible. Last night I finally realized it's the proximity sensor - when I move my finger to within a centimeter or so of the screen it turns off. Pull it back and it turns on. I think the headphone wire had been doing this previously, which is why I didn't notice.

This may be happening just in darkness, or may be happening all the time. My guess is only in the dark, with the screen illuminating my hand. Actually, thinking about it, in the light the stupid thing keeps flipping from whatever screen I'm in back to the phone screen, which is even more annoying than turning off.

In any case, it drives me mad. When I have headphones in, or when I'm on speaker, the proximity sensor should be off. Instead, trying to even check my email while on the phone is maddening.

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the icon today and having speakerphone issues too. I use speakerphone alot and the phone thinks my face is to the screen I guess. I'll try to play with it and figure it out.

krazyatom

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I am having proximity sensor issue with my icon. If I press the screen around the sensor, sometimes it works. I don't know how to replace the proximity sensor or if this is software related.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue with the screen protector interfering with the proximity sensor, the solution was to cut off the piece that covers it, problem solved.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes!
Most times when i place a call, my screen turns off even if my head is not to it and i have to hit the power button twice in order to get the screen back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro