Icon to be RETIRED after less than 1 year?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
re: [Icon] "Rumored" to be RETIRED after less than 1 year?

Heard the same thing, but it is unconfirmed. Phone Arena is reporting it as a done deal, but I haven't heard anything from our site.

I think that it would be a tragic waste if true. I think it is a tragic waste of energy if just a rumor.

7 Months? the Icon is a better device then 7 months.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It's not on Verizon's website anymore.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Heard the same thing, but it is unconfirmed. Phone Arena is reporting it as a done deal, but I haven't heard anything from our site.

I think that it would be a tragic waste if true. I think it is a tragic waste of energy if just a rumor.

7 Months? the Icon is a better device then 7 months.
May I present this article written here on WPCentral: http://www.windowscentral.com/verizon-reportedly-retires-lumia-icon-less-year-after-launch

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I hate to say it, but Verizon did the same thing to the BlackBerry Z30. It also was a low selling Verizon exclusive. Maybe Verizon will be getting the 830?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I hate to say it, but Verizon did the same thing to the BlackBerry Z10. It also was a low selling Verizon exclusive. Maybe Verizon will be getting the 830?
I doubt it since they're getting the 735. I just don't see them carrying both models.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

So glad I left Verizon I almost bought that phone its a shame they dropped the ball with updates and support this wave of Windows phones

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened to the Lumia 822 and no one really gave a sh*t. This happens. Newer models come out, old ones go away. This doesn't mean they won't continue to support it through updates. They've been good about updates for my "obsolete" 822.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Same thing happened to the Lumia 822 and no one really gave a sh*t. This happens. Newer models come out, old ones go away. This doesn't mean they won't continue to support it through updates. They've been good about updates for my "obsolete" 822.

But less than 8 months after release? And the Icon was considered a flagship. I don't think the 822 is in the same league. I wonder if Verizon knows why the Icon didn't sell... It's like a chronic grouch wondering why he doesn't have any friends!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Even with all of at&t's shenanigans, like selling their bizarro world version of the 1520, it makes me realize how happy I am to not be giving money to Verizon. With GSM, you have the freedom to buy a phone outright when the carrier doesn't give you options, like the amount of people here who bought the 1520.3 variant. With Verizon, you are simply just out of luck.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

This is because next week they're completely dropping all iPhone and Android phones in favor of the new Microsoft 1000zx Windows Phone that will have dual quad cores, 128GB of RAM, 1TB of internal storage, a 6" OLED flex screen all packaged into a polymer flex case that can be wrapped around your wrist.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site

So will they randomly drop support for other less than year old flagships running WP?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

If anything the reason why it didn't sell is that an update was made available for it quickly after launch that craprizon never bothered to push. I used to hate at&t, but they seem to have changed their image thanks to t-mobile. Verizon is a we don't give a crap because we have more power than god type of company. I'm done with them.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I've pretty much decided to leave Verizon and go to T-Mobile. Except that I'm just waiting to see what Windows Phone models they get.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile doesn't have Cyan either, but at least you can purchase unlocked phones that do have Cyan. Verizon doesn't have that option nor does Sprint.

I've pretty much decided to leave Verizon and go to T-Mobile. Except that I'm just waiting to see what Windows Phone models they get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3