Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I just have to disagree with this because my magic 8 ball had never been anything other than reliable...

I agree my magic 8 ball has given me a steady stream of "very doubtful", "my reply is no", and "signs point to no" every time I ask about an update coming from Verizon, seems legit

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
What about it?

It's a segment of a picture from this article that highlights the similarity in design of the Surface 2 & the Lumia Icon. Which happen to be my two favorite devices. Nokia Lumia Icon versus Microsoft Surface 2 ? born of the same design language? | Windows Central

That story is what finally made me bite the bullet on a Surface 2 refurb back in November. Now we get the 'news' about W10 and RT and Surface 2 being discontinued. *shaking fist* Rubinoooooooo!!!!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and BTW, the last guy who claimed to have inside knowledge at VZW told us Cyan was coming one day last October. AFAIK he hasn't been heard from since.

It just confirms the same crap we know now. NOTHNG. Everyone is coming up with a theory on when it's coming but, no one actually knows besides Verizon and they do not leak crap for updates, Never and NOT to CSRs. The CSRs are looking through forums just like you are.

About the ONLY person out there I would take ANY trust in on this subject is Joe Belfiore and even he does not know 100%...

I say we all wear denim jeans commando for the rest of this week. Unless of course you're DavidinCT and have denim underwear... :cool:

And please stop taking about my denim underwear they are comfy :)

LOL

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
This thread just reminds me of the books from the late 80's about the world ending and listing all the reasons why it would end then. I just find it comical now. #88ReasonsWhyTheWorldWillEndIn1988. Thanks for my daily dose of humor y'all!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I couldn't post links, but I believe everyone on this thread knows what page I'm talking about.

I just looked at https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...t/microsoft-lumia-icon-update/&token=Qci8-Uad which is where the PDF was linked to before. I had it bookmarked, and it worked before. It is indeed gone.

They have, from what I can tell, their Icon support section at Nokia Lumia Icon Support | Verizon Wireless and it covers only 8.0 version of Windows Phone from what I can tell. I don't know if that page has been updated recently or not.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro