Caller ID now showing Names for non contacts on my ICON ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Normally when I get a call on my phone from someone NOT in my contacts, it will just show a number. It's always been this way on my ICON and on past WP8/7 devices I have owned.

Starting Yesterday, when calls came in, with no contact name in any source on my phone (not in facebook, twitter, contacts or exchange accounts), it will show the name now and Cortanna will say it.

I had a couple companies call me yesterday and their names show up in my call list now, even ones with no name will show "Unknown name"

Anyone notice this ? I have not installed any 3rd party apps, no other updates

This is cool as this is something I was hoping for...Or is this just a Verizon thing (where they started pushing CID with name) ?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Called ID now showing Names for non contacts on my ICON ?

The WPC news said "Truecaller" app is now doing this with an update, but you don't have this app then? In any case cool feature and I'm wondering if this is a Verizon or Lumia feature.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I've only seen this using Magik Mail for Visual Voicemail, the native calling app never shows the name unless it's in my contacts somewhere. Would be cool if Cortana had it built in. I'll have to see if it does.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

The WPC news said "Truecaller" app is now doing this with an update, but you don't have this app then? In any case cool feature and I'm wondering if this is a Verizon or Lumia feature.

Yea, I saw that post, No I do not have any apps for it installed.

It's new that it does this, in fact one of the companies called me last week and their number showed (in my call history), they called yesterday their name did show up.

Interesting, anyone else notice this or have this happen with out a app installed ?

Maybe it's Verizon enabled Caller ID with name ?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
By the way, the Truecaller app will NOT work on the Icon since it doesn't work without Cyan firmware. So it's definitely not that.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting it but from what I hear on here HTC devices don't work either? So M8 is out. I like the OP's situation tho. That'd be handy.

Brenda Smeby

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The opposite is happening for me since about Monday (8.0). When I get a call from one of my contacts, all that displays is the number. It used to display contact name and photo. Wierd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo