Lumia Icon 4G LTE Network outside US?

Gabrielrori

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if the Lumia Icon can work on 4G LTE network at 2100 Mhz band (which is the frequency Movistar uses in my country).
I have read several web pages about the Icon's specifications but I'm not shure if they refer to Verizon's CDMA LTE or global Mhz 2100 LTE.
Please I need help I'll be going to US next week and I wanted to buy an Icon on ebay. Sorry for my bad english and the lack of knowledge about mobile frequencies stuff :(

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just get the 930, THAT will work on non-US LTE bands. If you need to use it in the US, you can use it on AT&T's or T-Mobile's GSM and HSPA+ networks.

Gabrielrori

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Just get the 930, THAT will work on non-US LTE bands. If you need to use it in the US, you can use it on AT&T's or T-Mobile's GSM and HSPA+ networks.

Thanks for answering but I really need to know about the Icon because the 930 is out of my budget :( I found really great prices on ebay

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I found this in another thread. Evidently, the Icon is capable of using international LTE bands.

The Icon is a tricky beast to figure out. It has all the supported bands for North America, it comes sim unlocked but its still apparently locked into Verizon's network so although technically it should be able to work with all the other carriers it just doesnt. An unlocked 930 should not have the issues with the icon on non-Verizon networks (aside from lack of LTE, international 930 doesnt have the supported LTE bands, whereas Verizon Icon does but its still locked to Verizon somehow apparently).
If the MMS issue has been anything like ive had to deal with on my old Tmobile 710 on Canadian telus network, I had to fiddle around with the APN settings (manual, automatic via network tool, reboot phone after change, etc) several times before it actually stuck consistently. Sometimes I had it successfully send an MMS (send an mms to yourself as a test. If it cant send, you'll have to play around with the APN settings again) only to have it not work right after.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/272216-930-t-what-lte-band-look.html#post2857636

The part about being "locked" to Verizon is just the CDMA part, it will work on US and International GSM networks.

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you change the APN settings?
Also try to download and install Nokia Access Setup.
I found this about Tmobile, you can probably get the setting for Movistar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett