Verizon & MS. HELLO, I'm not going away. WTH?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
As the title states, I own an ICON and I'm not going away. I want one of you companies (or both) to come clean with news on ICON updates. Denim is being released and even the sister phone (Lumia 930) is shown as getting Denim.

Enough with the finger pointing. What in the name of sanity is going on? Many Icon users are like myself, just wanting some factual information. Someone at these two companies has to know the facts. Good news or bad news; at this point I no longer care. just someone other than some uninformed front person speak up.

MS, do you realize that this not only is costing you business but so much bad publicity. Not your fault, say so and let's hit the culprit where it hurts, the wallet.

Verizon, one salient fact for you to consider. The first order to a customer is the easiest one you will ever get. Screw me like you have with slow updates on all your products other than Apple and a huge shadow of doubt comes over me about whether I'm a customer or just a number ($).

Big Red, with free Wi Fi hotspots and Wi Fi calling in the near future, don't you want to keep those customers you presently have as happy as possible. Lies misinformation and a snotty attitude is not the way to stay at the top. Believe me, the fall from the top is faster and more painful than you would imagine.

I have got to quit now before I really say something I will regret.:angry:

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon & MS. HELLO, I'm not going away. WTH?

I believe there is a hardware issue with the phone and we aren't going to get updated.

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
BS, what hardware issue? My ICON works great with exception of wifi sucks, other than that the phone is only missing Cyan which would give me ability to use Fitbit app correctly. Hardware issue? Where in the world did you hear this? Even if there was by some feat and problem with hardware it could be remedied by adjusting code in software to meet needs. Please don't pass along assumptive rumers. Verizon has failed its customers and MS is quickly becoming responsible as well.

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I believe there is a hardware issue with the phone and we aren't going to get updated.

There is not a hardware issue, It is due to Verizon not updating their apps for Cyan. They told Microsoft to butcher the firmware so that Verizons apps will work without updating. Verizon is to blame and since its on their network its their rules.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site

"Nokia confirmed with me that the reason Verizon is holding up the Cyan firmware update for the Lumia Icon is because Verizon is demanding that their phone apps (VZ Navigator, My Verizon, Voicemail, etc.) work "perfectly" on the device before they will approve the Cyan firmware update. They sent the Cyan firmware update back to Microsoft for "development changes" to ensure this happens."

Verizon Lumia Cyan update reverts to 'Under Development' as delay continues | Windows Central

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Sigh. Well said. If there were a sequence of stages for despair, I'm at whatever comes after frustration and just before resignation. Perhaps I'm just sitting at "indifference", I don't know. It's hard to fathom how VZW cannot summon the tiniest tidbit of transparency. I'm sure their internal handbook says "Don't provide any info to customers - they'll just get upset if you don't deliver." Well, guess what. We're already upset. They could quiet the Twitterverse if they'd just provide some transparency on:

1. What they plan to test, i.e. Cyan or skip ahead to Denim. I think the delay makes that a very obvious question.
2. Approximately when they expect that testing to commence and/or conclude.

Instead we get the arrogance of a company that knows they're going to keep most customers because of local coverage/overall strength of network and/or unwillingness to navigate ETFs and such in a carrier change.

Tis the season, Verizon. Surprise me.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
As the title states, I own an ICON and I'm not going away. I want one of you companies (or both) to come clean with news on ICON updates. Denim is being released and even the sister phone (Lumia 930) is shown as getting Denim.

Enough with the finger pointing. What in the name of sanity is going on? Many Icon users are like myself, just wanting some factual information. Someone at these two companies has to know the facts. Good news or bad news; at this point I no longer care. just someone other than some uninformed front person speak up.

MS, do you realize that this not only is costing you business but so much bad publicity. Not your fault, say so and let's hit the culprit where it hurts, the wallet.

Verizon, one salient fact for you to consider. The first order to a customer is the easiest one you will ever get. Screw me like you have with slow updates on all your products other than Apple and a huge shadow of doubt comes over me about whether I'm a customer or just a number ($).

Big Red, with free Wi Fi hotspots and Wi Fi calling in the near future, don't you want to keep those customers you presently have as happy as possible. Lies misinformation and a snotty attitude is not the way to stay at the top. Believe me, the fall from the top is faster and more painful than you would imagine.

I have got to quit now before I really say something I will regret.:angry:

Glad you sold your 1520! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3