Denim update forces reinstall of Verizon bloatware

crossalchemist

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After the update I noticed that ALL of the Verizon bloatware apps (NFL Mobile, Backup Assistant Plus, Verizon Accessories, VZ Navigator, Verizon Tones, etc.) that came with the phone decided to reinstall themselves, as well as the Microsoft default apps Food & Drink, Health & Fitness, and Travel.

Check you app lists and uninstall to taste. Hopefully these are the only "extras" we were forced into.

Otherwise, CONTINUE THE DENIM UPDATE CELEBRATIONS!!!

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this is what they were complaining, about, Cyan didn't reinstall these, so they skipped it. Made it seem like these cr-apps didn't work on Cyan.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure Cyan installed them, and I doubt that was the issue. They were installed in PfD as well as when doing the Lumia Software Reset Tool.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought there was a way to get rid of Backup Assistant that involved pushing the date way into the future and trying to open it. It worked once on my 8X, but even though it asks if I want to install when I do it now, it doesn't actually go away.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought there was a way to get rid of Backup Assistant that involved pushing the date way into the future and trying to open it. It worked once on my 8X, but even though it asks if I want to install when I do it now, it doesn't actually go away.

You have to delete it from your accounts. Settings>email + accounts. Tap and hold back up assistant select delete, follow the steps. That's what I did.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You have to delete it from your accounts. Settings>email + accounts. Tap and hold back up assistant select delete, follow the steps. That's what I did.

Thanks, that worked. Still in the settings menu though, which is really no big deal; there was a way to trick it with the year to remove itself, but oh well.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Frustratingly, these were all reinstalled for me over the weekend after I'd removed them upon upgrading to Denim.

And now NFL Mobile has no "uninstall" option.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that worked. Still in the settings menu though, which is really no big deal; there was a way to trick it with the year to remove itself, but oh well.

Yeah, I was talking about removing it from the settings list. Like you said, not a big deal though. It's the one piece of boatware left on my phone so I was just trying to get rid of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans