Voicemail Woes

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone is not receiving voicemail notifications. Not on the Phone live tile, not on the Voicemail button on the phone interface, no push notification, not even in the notification center.

I do have voicemail notification turned on in the Verizon Voicemail menu (the one you get to through your voicemail settings menu when on the phone.)

Does anyone have any ideas? The only way I know if I have voicemail is by actually calling the voicemail box. And that just doesn't do.

I've tried a soft reset.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you find a link to the voicemail app in the store? If so, uninstall and reinstall the app might prove to be the fix. The problem is the way Verizon charges for Visual Voicemail instead of using the integrated voicemail list in the phone app. It doesn't really hit you how inconvenient it is until you use the Icon on another (GSM) network and it actually works like it should

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you find a link to the voicemail app in the store? If so, uninstall and reinstall the app might prove to be the fix. The problem is the way Verizon charges for Visual Voicemail instead of using the integrated voicemail list in the phone app. It doesn't really hit you how inconvenient it is until you use the Icon on another (GSM) network and it actually works like it should

I don't use visual voicemail. Because i'm never going to pay $3 a month for voicemail. The voicemail through the phone isn't coming through - i've even got the Verizon voicemail app uninstalled.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't use visual voicemail. Because i'm never going to pay $3 a month for voicemail. The voicemail through the phone isn't coming through - i've even got the Verizon voicemail app uninstalled.

Interesting, have you tried changing your pin or anything like that? Also, it would be worth calling Verizon and seeing if they can "soft-reset" it on their end.

AaronMark017

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
same problem is here. I used to get notification before denim update ! now to notification or no tile update. tried soft reset, hard reset and using lumia recovery tool...still no luck. if you find the solution please let me know.....I hope it will get solved. thanks

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
same problem is here. I used to get notification before denim update ! now to notification or no tile update. tried soft reset, hard reset and using lumia recovery tool...still no luck. if you find the solution please let me know.....I hope it will get solved. thanks

No solution yet. But I was receiving notifications just fine before denim as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah no voicemail notifications here either on Denim. I called mine the other day to find 3 messages. I also don't want to pay for visual voicemail.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
No problems here on Verizon, but I'm using an M8.
Did you do a hard reset after you received the Denim firmware update?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As of Friday (3.6.2015) my voicemail notifications randomly started working again.

I am not sure exactly what it was that made the difference. I had tried different troubleshooting methods earlier in the week. Soft reset, changing voicemail password, toggling on and off voicemail notifications through the actual voicemail menu. But they are now working again. I'll take it. Hopefully others will start to get their voicemail notifications as well.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon (Only Verizon app i actually use) isn't working anymore, and looking at the 1 star review i don't think it is for anyone on Denim.

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I too suspect a glitch on VZW end for VM.....it has happened to me before back in android days even...
My Verizon however (Kasey) works fine on mine post denim (for what I use it for at least)....so that may be issue with the app and you might want to reinstall the app perhaps

AaronMark017

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem. In lumia icon it worked before denim update but it stopped working. Also tried Lumia 822, same issue. Recently, I installed an app i think it calls iseevvm (free visual voice mail client), it works like, no problem in notification plus it supports VM free of cost. you can try if you want. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb