Difference between 8.0 to Denim Update and PFD to Denim Update

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just got a replacement Icon from Verizon. I got the denim update without installing PFD. I am missing Hey Cortana and motion data. I compared the OS and firmware versions they were slightly different. The new icon seems to include the title "Nokia" in many instances where they are just Lumia on my old icon. Any ideas?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got a replacement Icon from Verizon. I got the denim update without installing PFD. I am missing Hey Cortana and motion data. I compared the OS and firmware versions they were slightly different. The new icon seems to include the title "Nokia" in many instances where they are just Lumia on my old icon. Any ideas?

You have to turn on Hey Cortana. It's not turned on by default. For the other stuff like apps, they will update after a while. You can force an update by running the Store app > settings > check for updates. I recommend doing over WiFi though.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cortana wasn't on my phone I had to download it off the store. I'm still missing motion data and when I look it up in the store it says it isn't available for my phone

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Cortana wasn't on my phone I had to download it off the store. I'm still missing motion data and when I look it up in the store it says it isn't available for my phone

Ok. That's weird. Hey Cortana and motion data ARE part of Denim. It sounds like it didn't get the update properly. I would suggest doing a reinstall using LSRT. It'll completely wipe your phone though... more than just doing a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3