Differences between Verizon and Page Plus?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Might be going back to Verizon post pay from Page Plus. Wondering what differences I might experience besides faster data....which is not a necessity for me at all. I left a family plan with a dumb phone last year to get the Icon with a mvno for less that being on the V-family plan.

Will I be able to get the visual voice mail going back on the Verizon full network? Anything else worthwhile?

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm on straight talk Verizon lte with my icon. Only thing I do miss is visual voice mail. What I don't miss is Verizon's plan rates. 5gb data for $45 a month is a pretty good deal and suits my browsing habits. Just curious why are you leaving page plus?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Why would I leave PP back to V.......because I do not use data much at all...maybe 200mb per month at most. I am constantly in home or office wifi and heavily use PC's through out the day. I need unlimited voice and currently on the 1200min PP plan. I come way too close of using up all the 1200 mins almost every month...and many times I force phone calls to be shorter than I normally would, or even not call some people with my cell phone because I feel that 1200 max min wall on my back all the time. Yes, I can go to the $40 unlimited PP plan.....but then that cost is not justifiable compared to if I was on full V service.

I left our family Verizon plan many months back without contract ties. I can now go back to that plan as it will be updated to the "more everything" plan where I would be a BYOD no contract add in. They will only charge $25 for my smartphone line fee ( $40 minus $15 credit).

So now I could go back to V and at almost the same price get full V network priority (roaming, full LTE, unlimited voice, and visual v).
It will cost me $40 to port in my new PP # to the V account. So I figure it will pretty much be like bouncing from one service to another without the normal contract or over priced smartphone charges.

I am more unique than the average single or dual phone users I guess. Most need much more data and don't have the option to split up the costs of a share/family plan to minimize each phone costs on the bill. I would be the 4th person on the share plan, so it is easily workable to me. I just have to pay that $40 fee above all normal monthly expenses I normally pay with my cell use.

Also, since I manage and my business pays for the V account now, it just makes things quicker and more simple to pay with one bill. Its not a big hassle for me to purchase my monthly PP plan online through a highly regarded PP reseller with my PayPal account. But I did get caught a few times with no service for several hours on a weekend once or twice because I forgot to get the pin in time.

So if I didnt have the option to be on a V plan as a no contract shared line at a very competitive cost.....I would just stay with PP or maybe Selectel as a single user and have cheaper cell service.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Right on I was just curious.. Was considering pp before straight talk but the number of walmart locations won me over vs online only with pp in my area. Was actually curious if u had a bad experience

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have not had any problems using PP via prepayrefill reseller (with 6% discount). I learned not to go through pageplus directly for good customer service. Plus I love being able to pay with paypal and also get questions answered, and answered correctly.

Been very happy with PP service on my Icon. Since I do not need super fast internet and only use little data, it was an easy choice to go with a V mvno. I went with PP originally because my brother had been using them for a while with good results. Also they allowed 4G phones and their plans fit me well for less than $30. Now Selectel might only be the other V mvno i would go to because they offer same plan price as the PP 1200....but offer 1300 voice and now allow 4G phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre